“Just- Don't leave!”

She ran to the closet to slip on her shoes. At the same time, she put her hair up in a raggedy ponytail and slid a long trench coat over her house clothes.

“I'll be right back!” She shouted, running out of the condo.

She could vaguely hear Michael shouting back from inside.

“Okay!”

“Rachel!” Mariah exclaimed in a harsh whisper.

“Biiiitch! What we doing here? You got me at Duane Reade looking like Sherlicka Holmegirl in these damn trench coats!”

“Shh! You're gonna get us caught, girl!” Mariah whispered.

The two women turned the drugstore aisle just after checking to make sure the coast was clear.

“Shit, why I even gotta be in disguise? You the singer here, not me!”

“Rachel!” Mariah exclaimed. “Shut the fuck up before you get us caught!”

Rachel leered at her friend. “I do not have to take this bullshit!”

Mariah chuckled. “Oh please!”

Rachel rolled her eyes. “I'm serious, girl. What the hell are we doing here?”

“I need you to get me something…”

“Something you can't get yourself?” Rachel asked.

“No!”

Rachel stopped whispering and spoke in her normal tone. “Girl, why did you even come, then? You coulda called me and just told me to pick something up for you but instead you wanna act like Magnum PI and shit. Out here looking dusty and rusty. Alison would be jealous.”

Mariah clicked her tongue, gently shoving the other woman. “Girl, just go over there and get one of those.”

Rachel pulled back. “Uh, girl you know that’s-”

“I know what it is!”

Rachel seemed to reason within herself before a nudge from Mariah sent her on her way.

Mariah shook her head. “Difficult for no reason.”

May 18th, 2001

Whoosh!

Mariah zoomed into the condo just as Michael was helping Elizabeth pick up her pancake pieces with a spork. He felt the spork had to be the worst invention in human history, as it had no useful function.

“Baby, everything okay?” He shouted from the kitchen table, his back turned toward the girls.

“Mommy!” Noelle shouted.

Michael turned back toward her and nodded. “Yes baby, that's Mommy!”

“TT!” Nicole exclaimed, pointing behind Michael.

Michael turned his head to meet eyes with Rachel.

He waved. “Hey, Rach.”

“What y'all eating?”

“Pancakes!” Elizabeth shouted.

“Yes and chocolate syrup and syrup syrup, and baby powder!” Noelle added.

“Baby, I think you mean powdered sugar.” Rachel clarified, barely able to suppress her grin.

Michael smiled. “So how are you? What you doing here?”

Remember the Timeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें