"Fine, can I just have an egg over easy with two pieces of buttered toast?"

"Of course, come down to the kitchen with me?" I offered as I stood up, offering her a hand that she gladly took.

"I was going to hop in the shower real quick. I'll meet you downstairs in a few." She said and I nodded my head. Heading back into the room and then out to the double staircase. My phone could easily be heard echoing from the kitchen so I quickly jogged down the rest of the way and right into the kitchen.

"Hello?"

"Hey, are you forgetting what today is?" Amber said into the phone with some chuckles. I pulled the phone from my ear and pressed the home button to see the date- oh shit.

"Oh fuck. I completely forgot, look I've had a lot to handle on my end. Could you keep Joel for just a couple more days? I've just got a lot." I said as I opened the fridge to pull out the two eggs and tub of butter, I know she'll be starving for more than one egg when she sees it all spread out on the plate. Might make her some other sides as well because three days of no food and only water has to work up an appetite of some kind.

"Since when have things gotten so hectic on your end that you can't spend your days with your son?"

"I only get two days with him this week, Amber. Right now I've got a lot going on, Joel's not gonna cry and be mad because I can't see him this week. How many times have I kept him on days you couldn't? It's not a big deal so don't give me that bullshit." I said snapping at her as my patience was already starting to wear thin.

"I just don't understand what could be taking up your time that you can't spend it with your son-"

"For the love of fuck." I began. "It's personal family issues. Just keep Joel for at least one more day or you can drop him off at my Mom's if you need your break from him that bad."

"Fine. By-" I just hung up. Let me at least get Tilly Beans her food and then tonight I'll get Joel or tomorrow morning. Maybe I can ask Nicole to go get Joel and keep him at her place till tonight, that way Amber stays out of my phone and off my ass. From down here, I could hear the shower turn on and needed to get back to cooking.

My focus is Tilly Beans and getting her back to the way she was. I've had time to think a lot of things over and I was looking forward to bring them by her but with all that's happened... I'm going to hold off on it for a little while longer. Don't want to pressure her into anything or force something on her when she's in this kind of a state. We'll just see how the time passes by and if she can spring back to her usual self.

~1 Month Later~

~LJ P.O.V.~

"Alright LJ what do you want for you birthday?" Mommy asked me when we were in the car. I had school today, well my last day before I start summer vacation. I couldn't wait for Joel and I to have sleepovers again and go on adventures with the ATV whenever Daddy left the keys in it.

"Can I have a car?"

"No."

"Why not? Ty has one." I said making a pouty face when she looked in that small mirror at the front of her car, looking at me through that mirror. "And Trey and DeShawn. I want one."

"You can't even drive. You're underage. When you can count to fifty correctly, I'll think about talking to Daddy about a car."

"Fifty?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Ten, ten, ten, twenties and them fifties bit-"

"LJ!" She yelled, slamming on the brake and I almost choked because of the seat belt doing the lock thing. "Where did you learn that?"