Chapter 31

Retaliated: Chapter 31

~Varo P.O.V.~

We sat here in the room...quiet. 

Marco and I at a table- I couldn't even look at him the same in all honesty. Every time I did take a glance, his head remain up but his eyes down to the center of the table in shame. 

"Why Marco?" I asked breaking the long streak of heavy silence. He brought his eyes up to mine, regret behind his irises. 

"What-"

"Don't be stupid nigga. You know what- why would you do us like that? More importantly why would you do me of all niggas like that? The gang is the family and you know that- you been knew that shit and yet you were out there running your mouth to a bitch nigga but not saying a single word to your family. What the fuck for? What the hell did we do to your ass that made you turn the other way?" 

"Alvaro... I'm tired. I've told you this before, I'm tired of being around. I want out of this all and what Drake was saying sounded like peace to me. Ending all this so there was no more bullshit with these gangs." 

"That's not a good enough reason-"

"Alvaro. You don't understand, Joey, Heather and I knew way too much and when others learned that we did, our asses were wanted. Just to spill enough information for them to take and run with to take down these bigger empires. I could never just walk down the street casually like y'all do because I'm constantly lookin' over my shoulder. After years of this, it takes it toll and any way out sounds so nice. Drake explained, you take out the empires yourself and you'll be untouchable. That was tempting for me and I'm already at my lowest so I took up on it." He said solemnly, bringing his eyes back down to the table. 

"Marco... we could have figured somethin' out for your ass. Made it loud to clean to these niggas not to fuck with you because I'd have theirs asses on my examination table as I made them watch me dissect them. There just ain't a good enough reason in the world to convince me what you did was aight. You turned our asses out to the fuckin' wolves- who knows who else Drake told with regards to what you said." He didn't like that I was drilling him like this, he was uncomfortable, especially based on the way he had to constantly shift a body part. Nervously tapping his foot, and slightly licking the inner corner of his mouth- all the typical signs of him being nervous. "Now you put me in the fuckin' spot. The fuckin' spot I never wanted to be in with anyone of my damn family. Especially the blood family." 

"I know." 

"No the fuck you don't." I shot back at him, more anger in my voice this time as I stood up and leaned in on the table. "When you came back into the picture with Vince, we didn't have to let your ass back in. We could have killed you right then and there for associating with other gangs but we didn't because you were blood. We were lenient and this is what you do years later? Opened my fuckin' home to you when you had no where else to go yet you turn into a snitch bitch." I said as I shook my head. "A weak coward is what you are nigga." 

"I'm sorry, Alvaro. Whether you choose to accept and believe my apology is your call but I really do mean I am sorry. I was caught up in the moment." He scooted back from the table and stood up. "Let's go, get it over with so we can both move on." 

"Fine. Outback." I seriously couldn't believe what I was about to do... I've done a lot of fucked up shit in my life, I'm not even gonna front about that, killed a lot of niggas- both deliberately and accidentally- but to have to kill my own brother... that's just an all new low. Marco was someone I grew up with, yes we didn't get along for a lot of our childhood but that doesn't mean he's any less my brother. I may not have looked up to him like how most younger brothers would but I respected the hell out of him for all he did when he was jumping from gang to gang and taking them out like it was nothing for all those years he was away.