Chapter 11

Retaliated: Chapter 11

~Varo P.O.V.~

I threw Marco on the ground and slammed the door shut. Grabbing the chair I was originally in, I propped it under the door knob and listened as rapid gunfire went off. I searched my pockets for my phone and looked for Lexis' name, pressing it to my ear as it began to ring.

"God dammit, Answer Lexis!" I yelled into the phone. They were trying to kick in the door. I put all my weight against the door but Lexis didn't answer. "Fuck you too, Lexis." I stood here trying to remember Ice's number but for the life of me I couldn't put together those seven fucking digits- I'm just gonna call everyone till I get a hold of someone.

Looking up at the ceiling, I saw a vent that someone was trying to kick in. Scrambling to hold the damn phone to my ear, hold the door and get my gun, the vent came falling down and out popped Arlie.

"Varo!" He yelled clearly pissed off as I just glared at him confused.

"The fuck you doin' out here?! And I know you're pissed but if you strangle me, we're all three dead! When we get out of this, you can hurt me to the brink of death all you want but right now we're seriously fucked!" I yelled back at him.

"Why did you start it?!"

"You know, the streets weren't lively enough to my liking and I missed that sweet smell of gun residue and blood in the air- Nigga I ain't mean to full on start a damn thing! I got one gun and that's it! They took my other shit!"

"I got a knife and two guns, we needa get out now!"

"How Nigga?! We're surrounded! Lexis, Eddy and Javier ain't answering and I don't know Ice's number! My phone just died!" I continued to yell over the gunfire when I looked down at my phone. "Where does the vent lead to?" I asked, pulling him closer to me so we wouldn't have to yell.

"Top of this building. How are we gonna- We'll use that rope. I'll climb back into the vent with the rope, I'll drop it back down and you tie it around Marco. You'll help me guide him up and then when he's in, I'll pull you up."

"Aight go. That door can't hold much longer." I helped him push the table under the vent and stacked Marco's chair on top. He easily got himself up into the vent. While he was getting himself set up, I ran over to Marco and picked him back up, taking him over to the table till a gun shot went off in the vent. A cry of pain coming from Arlie, I instantly looked up but didn't see him. "Arlie!" I yelled. Dropping Marco, I got on the chair and tried to jump into the vent but it was too high for me. "Arlie are you okay!?" I yelled again but there was no response, just more gun shots.

Moments later, blood started to drip onto the table. Looking up, more came down.

"Move Varo." He growled as a head came rolling out and then a body dropping next. "Get Marco tied up, we needa get going." I ain't question a damn thing, I just did as he said and helped get Marco into the vent. He came back and lowered his arm down for me, I grabbed on and he pulled me back up.

"You good?"

"I was shot in the leg, I'm too livid to even care about the injury, we just need to fucking move- by the way it's a bit bloody in here, so don't slip." He crawled behind Marco and used the rope to drag him as I crawled behind Marco. "When we get out, keep low and I have a car out there."

When we reached the outside of the building, it was nearly dawn so there was that tiny sliver of sunlight just starting to peek over the horizon. I held up Marco's arms and Arlie held his legs as we quickly moved.

"You climb down first, I got Marco." I said in a hushed tone. It wasn't that far too the bottom to be honest... I could easily jump down so I set Marco down and gently rolled him off. He landed in a patch of grass so he was fine as far as I'm concerned. "You deserved that, Marco. For that suicide talk." I mumbled as I jumped down and landed not too far from him.