Chapter 25

Retaliated: Chapter 25

~Ice P.O.V.~

Pulling the money out from under my beanie, I quickly shuffled through it, counting to make sure I collected the right amount. Should have done this back when I got the money but I was in a hurry and by the looks of it I got my correct amount, down to the last dollar. Good. 

"How many dead today?" I asked stuffing the money back up into my beanie as I walked up to the trap. Looking around, the trap was nearly empty aside from maybe ten or so of us and these two goons were just chillin' outside the main doors. "I know feds got three of 'em." With them claiming the city on lock down, all we did was laugh and do what we do best. Kill niggas who we don't wanna share our streets with and keep the drugs filtering out through the people. 

"Four from the other niggas and one from our side. How long you think this constant beefing gonna go on for?" The one without the glasses asked as he turned his head to the side to spit. 

"Till one gives and we're not givin' in. Only thing we are doin' is goin' to Cali. Not all of us but Trey's got some shit up his sleeve and needs my help along with some of the gang." I give props to the kid for his ambition and drive but I'm starting to second guess my decision because this is us having to go behind Lexis' back. I ain't about that but if Trey is for sure about what he wants and that it'll help prevent a larger problem in the long run, I guess I could help out right? 

"Trey?" The other asked and I nodded, to which he let his head roll back and let out a laugh. "That nigga I swear, ol' murder lovin' ass but I wanna go if you're goin'." Yeah I bet you are. "When?" 

"Within the upcoming week. At first I heard it was in Compton but we're not headin' there. Now I need to wait for him to hit me up when he figures out where else it's gonna be." I continued to say. "While we're there, I wanna talk Varo's twins into coming back to Detroit with us, teach some of our youngins what they know." It's be nice altogether if they could just stay with us but I know Varo won't let them and Lexis needs those twins in Oakland. Should of had Joey clone their asses for me- and for Malcolm too. 

"So what'chu tryna say to us about that?" The other asked. 

"Could y'all gather up the rest of our goons, bring 'em back to the trap so I can figure out who's going with me and who's staying. I need the more experienced ones to stay here and hold it down while the lesser ones come with me." The both of them nodded and I continued into the trap to find some more still just hanging out, the younger- newer- ones were roughhousing with each other, some playing poker and instead of snapping at them to knock it off, I'll just let 'em have a night where there isn't as much tension. 

Walking over to the poker table, I took a seat and motioned for one to hand me a cold one from the cooler. Popping the top, I threw some back and let the cold beverage seep down my throat and crash into the pit of my stomach. The cards were handed back to the dealer and he shuffled them, all of us tossing in a couple chips and then there was a blunt that was being rolled as the cards were be tossed around to all of us. 

"Tired of being the next Mini Arlie around here?" Dealer asked me like a smartass as he tossed me my last card. Looking at my hand, I could have gotten some better cards but it's not like we're seriously playing for big bucks.

"Well when Arlie was here, you saw how much shit got done right? I don't wanna disappoint Lexis and as long as we're thriving and increasing the cash flow, all is good." 

"Bring Ginot back out, nigga ain't give a shit about what went on around here. All he cared about were his correctly fitting suspenders and that the folds of his fedora weren't out of shape-"