Chapter 36

Retaliated: Chapter 36

~2 Weeks Later~
~Breezy P.O.V.~

Coming out of my bathroom after doing my hygiene thing, I was really liking the new place. I'm near Trey and Ty but across from Lolo... aside from that it ain't all that bad. I'm just thankful to be out of the old place and that I'm healing pretty nicely. Ya boy still on crutches but they don't bother me anymore, I'm grown used to 'em.

"Two night in a row you've been crashed here, wanna go for a third?" I asked teasingly as I saw Vonnie getting dressed in my room. "Place is dope huh?"

"It's nice, I'll give you that but it's no different than Trey's aside from no pool." Lowkey wished I had one to put fish in or something but I like the grassy backyard for Sugar Peach.

"Truth as fuck. You notice anything different about Sugar Peach?" She nodded. "I think she's depressed because she's not lookin' too good. Usually when I call her for breakfast she springs up and meets me at the door but now she just sits behind the couch in her corner." She's not plump either and I don't like seein' animals without a little pudge and she especially had pudge.

"Yeah she doesn't jump on my lap when I read on the couch anymore either. Poor thing, maybe you should get her a new friend?" Getting up off the bed, I watched her approach the body mirror and pull on the white button up blouse, separating a few curls and letting them fall down over her shoulders.

"I don't know, maybe. I'll take her down to the pet store and see if they have any that she picks out. I just don't like seeing her so unhappy, it's not fair to her." Niggas can call me ruthless in the streets if they want because I got my gang ties but I've got the softest spot for animals, they don't ask to be with us we just take them and I could never harm 'em. I don't have it in me to do that and that's probably why I ended up with lil' goats as buddies in the first place.

She was still caught up in looking in the mirror trying to adjust her shirt some more, specifically rolling the cuffs up to the pit of her elbows and I took the opportunity to approach her, slithering my arms around her hair, letting my hand rest on the small bump of her belly as I set my chin on her shoulder. I caught the warm smile that grazed her sweet face through the reflection in the mirror.

"A little less than five months away, that's crazy." I continued to say. It ain't hit me till just now because time is going by too fast. Wasn't that long ago when we found out she was pregnant again and already there's a little bump- holy shit. I'm amazed by it all 'cause it's still a crazy concept to soak in all in one go. I just hope she doesn't miscarry and I know she worries about that a lot, doesn't say it but I know that hangs in the back of her head. "You excited?"

"Nervous but yeah I'm excited. I'm gonna miss sleeping in and I don't look forward to diapers. You're gonna be here when the baby's born right?" Oooh little girl's got jokes now? Funny.

"No I plan on takin' a trip to Florida with Trey for a couple weeks." I shot back which got her to roll her eyes slightly. "I kidd, I kidd. The kidd kids."

"The kidd needs to let me go so I can get my pants out of the dryer."

"It wasn't my fault-"

"You deliberately sprayed me with the shower head, good bye." She said between her laughs as she tried to break free from my grip but I didn't want her leaving just yet. I'm trying to enjoy this loving moment and she just wants to constantly keep running away from me. "Chris, let me go."

"No, I'm tryna enjoy this moment Vonnie. You always stay running away from me like I'm some type of toxic bio hazard." The fact there was a moment of silence between us is what concerns me. "You really think I'm toxic bio hazard? Well then what the fuck, Vonnie?"