Chapter Two: "The Old Song"

I started to wake up from my deep calling and said, "Ugh, my head. What happened?" as if nothing had happened. I did feel weary at the time after what happened with the ink and Bendy. I woke up to see the two coffins, the circled star and the candlelight. I got up from the floor and remembered everything. I said, "Well, guess there's only one thing to do: press on. See if I can find a way out." So I did press on throughout the workshop, or at least what remained. I got my trusty axe and smashed the planks of wood that blocked my way. I went downstairs and looked at a sign above the entry that read, "UTILITY SHAFT 9". I couldn't remember what it was for before.

I went down a small hallway. When I looked at the wall in front of me, there were these inked words painted and read, "HE WILL SET US FREE." I thought to myself, "Who's this 'he'?" I wondered for a slight moment, then continued on. There was a can next to it, labeled "Bacon Soup". "Bacon Soup? Never heard of that before." I examined the can. It was empty and wet, but had a piece of bacon in it. I decided to taste the bacon (which I shouldn't have), but it tasted like that (you know what I mean). I continued on and asked myself as I looked around, "How did this place get so big?" I followed and looked as I saw a tape recorder. It was Sam, one of the animator. He said this:

"He appears from the shadows to rain his sweet blessings upon me. The figure of ink that shines in the darkness. I see you, my savior, I pray you hear me. The old song, yes, I still sing for them. For I know you are coming to save me. And I will be swept into your final loving embrace. But, love requires sacrifice. Can I get an amen?"

"The old song? What 'old song' is he talking about?" I wondered. Anyways, I continued on to find the way out. When I came to this long hallway, the floor was completely covered in ink. When I got closer to the entry, I saw this person, as if covered with ink. He had a mask on his face, but his pants were clean. I asked the figure, "Hello! Excuse me! Can you help me? Hello!" The figure just continued its way past me. The figure then disappeared like magic. "Where the hell did he go?" I asked myself. There was a switch that needed to be powered. Looks like there were pour couplings I needed to activate. Later on, I found all of the switches and went back to pull the lever.

The gate rose up and I was met with a weird, groaning sound. I looked ahead and continued on with my journey. I soon found myself in the music department, where I could finally enjoy some good tunes. When I entered, I saw another tape recorder laying down. I played it and it was the same guy and he said this:

"So first, Joey installs the Ink Machine over our heads. Then it begins to leak. Three times last month, we couldn't get out of our department because the ink had flooded the stairwell. Joey's solution? An ink pump to drain it periodically. Now I have this ugly pump switch in my office. People in and out all day. Thanks Joey, just what I needed. More distractions. These stupid cartoon songs don't write themselves, you know. "The tape then stopped.

I looked down the stairwell and saw it was flooded. There was a power switch for me to turn on so I did. I walked back, but this time, ink monsters started to come out of the floor. "The hell?" I sliced them open with my axe. I felt so scared, but great at the same time, weird right? Soon, I walked into this room with an organ piano. I decided to play it, sounded horrible. Continuing my journey, there was a different guy saying different things on a tape recorder (wastes your time if you wanna write a story). I opened a door and it revealed a room that could be used for an orchestra, pretty neat. I looked around a bit. I was told to play the banjo, drum, bass, and violin. So I did and then it opened the ink flow. I did, but when I walked out, there was some dude with a Bendy mask looking at me. "Um, hello?" It was the same guy from before, I could tell. Soon, the ink monsters started to attack me again. I sliced my axe and cut the heads of the inkies (that's what I'm calling them now.)

I went back to Sammy's office. There was a blueprint of the Ink Machine on his desk along with a radio. I turned it on and it played a very similar song I had heard before. I pulled the switch and went back. Suddenly, when I tried to go back to the stairs, I was knocked out. The figure said "Sh, it's time to go to sleep." I suddenly fell asleep. When I woke up, the voice said, "There we go now. Nice and tight. We wouldn't want our sheep roaming away now, would we?" That voice, it couldn't be.

It was Sammy. But why would he lock me here? He said that he recognized me and called out to his "sheep" and to begin this ritual of his. Suddenly, he called out a very peculiar name I didn't want to hear, ever. "Bendy! Bendy, take my offering!" He opened the gate, but Bendy came for him instead. I knew I had to escape this wretched hole of a place. I knew I needed to leave once and for all. I finally saw the exit, the floor was covered in nothing but ink. Suddenly, Bendy appeared from the ground like a devil (Heh, get it?) and came after me. "HOLY-" I screamed out and I ran for my dear life. Suddenly I came to a stop and looked around. I walked towards the next room and I saw a can rolling on the floor. Suddenly, someone that I thought was dead suddenly came to the light, to me at least.

"Boris?" I was surprised.