Chapter 10 - Shintaro

(Y/N) let out a soft whistle as she stood outside. She glanced behind her to see her elder brother, watching her. She turned to him.

"Do you not trust me?" She called out.

"It's not a matter of trust, lieve zus(dear sister)," Willem said. "I know that they will come, and I promise you, that they will not take you."

(Y/N) let out another soft whistle. A blonde haired boy with purple eyes jumped down and landed behind the Dutch girl. Aki looked at the older man.

"Leave my sister alone. Also, she will be coming with me," Aki said as he took his weapon out.

"Beste broer(dear brother), you should have known. I said that I would not leave for now. I meant that I would stay until my brother came," (Y/N) said.

"But sister, I am still your brother," Willem said.

"Not one that I wish to know."

"What?" Aki looked at her.

"She ran away. I'm her real brother," Willem explained. "I guess that if I leave now, you will come after me."

"What made you guess that?" Aki asked.

"I know what will make you not follow me," Willem said before he quickly pulled out a gun. Five shots filled the air.

"What--(Y/N)?!" Aki turned as he watched his Dutch sister fall to the ground. Willem turned and ran away.

(Y/N) laid limp on the ground with a puddle of blood forming around her. Aki looked back at Willem before picking his sister up.

He ran on the roofs. His eyes stayed wide as he ran. He could feel water falling from his eyes. Aki bit his lip as he found Shintaro's dojo. He ran in.

"Sh-shin-shintaro!" Aki called out, but it was hard to through a sob.

A tired Shintaro walked in. "What is...oh god..."

"Please...save...her..." Aki said as he full out started crying.

Shintaro walked over and took Aki's sister out of his arm. "I want you to stay out here. I'll...I'll try my best."

"Thank you... God, thank you," Aki said as Shintaro left.

.

.

.

"Where is Aki?" Makoto looked up at Kagura.

"...He left...in the middle of the night," Kagura said.

"What?! I'm going over to the dojo. He's most likely there," Makoto said as he stood up. "I'll be back soon."

About ten minutes later, Makoto got to the closed Dojo. He walked in and heard sobbing. His eyes widened at what he saw. Aki had his face cover. Aki looked up with a tear stained face.

"M-master?" He asked, letting a sob out.

"What happened?" Makoto walked over and knelt down.

Shintaro walked in. He looked at the two. "Aki, go in there. I'll explain to him what you explained to me." Aki nodded and left to Shintaro's room.

Makoto stood up straight with a glare. "Now! What happened?"

Shintaro frowned a little. "Aki found out where (Y/N) was. He went to get her, and found this Dutch dude. So that Aki wouldn't follow him, he pulled out an illegal gun and shot (Y/N) five times. He brought her to me, and she's passed out in my room right now. I don't know when she'll wake up."

Makoto went to Shintaro's room with Shintaro beside him. Makoto stared down at (Y/N) before turning to Aki.

"Why didn't you tell us what you found?" Makoto asked. "This might not had happened if you told us!"

"Master, if you're going to get onto Aki, could you please do it out of the room? (Y/N) can still hear you." Shintaro said before there was a grunt. They all turned to (Y/N). She is stared up with tired eyes.

"T...Toru...is working...with W...Willem..." she weakly said.

"Toru?" Makoto's and Shintaro's eyes widened.

"Willem?" Aki asked,

"Your...brother-" she weakly pointed up at Makoto. "-is working with my...brother-" her finger pointed at herself.

"Don't talk anymore," Shintaro quickly said as (Y/N) went limp again. "I need both of you out. Master, if you can, would you get Wasaka to come to Nagasaki? He's the best bet we have to keep her alive since it would be too risky to take her to a real doctor in Nagasaki."

"Wasaka?" Aki looked up.

"He's a doctor that is part of the Edo Vigilantes," Makoto said. "Come on, Aki. We should let him what he needs to do. I also need to set up a meeting."

Aki was then forcefully pulled out of the room as Shintaro started to pulled (Y/N)'s kimono off to get a better look at her wounds.

"Stay with me. Stay with me for just a few more days, and Wakasa will be here," Shintaro said as worked on her.