Chapter 1: I'm late

Chapter 1: I'm late

_____________________

Katie rushed out of bed, and quickly changed into some fresh clothes. She groaned as she checked her watch. 8:50.

Well that's a great way to start the year. Not.

It was September the 1st, which could only mean one thing.

School.

Katie gulped. She despised school, not because of her classes or teachers, but because of her fellow students. The boys were dickheads and the girls were bitches.

It was as simple as that.

Katie was different, she had always been different, in a good way of course, and she wasn't going to change now just so she could become popular. She had strong morals and would stick to them. She would never be the cheerleader, or the fake, plastic chick guys seemed to drool over. Katie Snow didn't mind being invisible anymore, she was used to it.

Just then her mother called up the stairs. "Katie hurry up, your going to be late!"

No shit, sherlock.

"I'll be down in a minute" Katie replied through gritted teeth. Most of the time she was harmless enough, but in the mornings she strongly resembled a sabre - tooth tiger.

As she rushed to get ready, attempting to tame her hair and put on her converse at the same time (unsuccessfully) she couldn't help looking over at the house opposite her own.

The house was owned by the Quinn family, and Katie spent most of her mornings watching, hoping to catch a glimpse of Josh, the youngest Quinn brother, who was in Katie's year in school. Katie didn't consider herself a stalker, just lucky enough to get the room that was facing his home.

OK, maybe she was a bit of a stalker, but anyone who could stare at Josh all day would (if you know what I mean).

She rushed downstairs in a frenzy, she probably looked a mess. Her mobile phone had decided it wasn't going to wake her up this morning, today of all days. She had wanted to spend extra time on her make up and hair, as everyone does on the first day back at school after the holidays to make a good impression, but it was too late for that now.

Checking her watch again, she began to panic.

oh crap, I'm going to be late!

After shovelling down a slice of toast, she sprinted out of her house in a daze, she had no idea what events were about to unfold that would begin a chain reaction leading to major consequences.

Running down the grey pavements scattered with oaks leaves that had begun to fall, she wondered if this year would be different. Probably not. She also wondered about him. She should stop.

She placed her headphones in her ears to drown out her thoughts. One of her favourite songs blasted through her ears as she tried to hurry but also not trip over. It was harder than it seemed. She was a very uncoordinated person. And it was not an endearing quality, as most people seemed to believe, it was actually really annoying. She remembered one time she slipped getting of a ride at the annual fair one night in front of about 30 teenagers and had to walk around with muddy jeans for the rest of the night. Yes that did happen.

Anyway, back to reality.

Ten minutes later, she arrived at Weston High, her hair windswept and her side aching from a stitch. The corridors were so deserted, Katie almost expected a tumbleweed to roll past her. Everyone had already gone to their classes. And if it wasnt bad enough, she had forgotten all her books at home in her rush to get out the door. Perfect.

Walking down the hallway, she heard murmuring coming from the caretakers office, as usual. Why students liked to lock themselves in a dark, crowded cupboard full of lead paint and old floor brushes was something Katie really didnt understand.

Finally reaching the door of her english classroom, she took several deep breaths before placing her hand on the doorhandle.

Strangely enough, this small gesture meant everything. Well, not everything. The future would be a more specific term. It meant the future. And nobody knew what was about to unfold. All Katie thought was:

This was going to be really awkward.

yep, I'm late.

_________________________

As Katie walked towards her first class, she dragged her feet.

Do I have to go? Can't I just go back to bed?

She was meant to be in English now, and she opened the door hesitantly as she finally arrived.

And everybody stared.

Oh fantastic, could this day get any better?

Turns out it could, as the teacher ushered her towards an empty desk, she still managed to fall over. Twice. She wasn't normally this clumsy, she was merely too embarrassed to think straight and put one foot in front of the other, I guess.

She tried to ignore her classmates, not that it wasn't easy. She wasn't invisible anymore. This was worse. The sneering, the giggling, the poking, the name calling - especially the name calling. Someone even managed to throw a paper airplane at her head with a doodle of a daisy on it. Memories came flooding back as tears pricked her eyes.

As she remembered .

Not again, please. please. I don't want to go through it again.

But that was nothing compared to how she felt 10 minutes later, when Josh Quinn entered the room. Nothing to how her emotions broke through her facade, from nochalant to pissed off in 2.5 seconds.

But oh holy, he was a God. I know you may think this is an exaggeration, but if you were in that classroom, your jaw would drop at his sheer perfection, as Katie's did.

Seriously though, he looked so good this morning. his green eyes stood out in contrast with his dark hair and his tall frame was just.... eight pack. You're welcome

Oh God, thank you for this blessing.

Physical blessing, though. Doesn't mean he's not a douche. Doesn't mean i like him.

The teacher- whose name was Mr McKenna, did not look impressed and asked Josh why he was late, but Josh merely smirked and waited for the teacher to allocate a seat.

His gaze flitted over the multitude of classmates and rested on Katie for a split second, then glanced away. Katie scowled, then her eyes widened

The only free seat was next to Katie.

Holy crap..

_________________________

hi people :)

I know this chapter is short, but its just setting the scene... the next chapters will be much more exciting.. you'll see ;)

please comment, vote and share!!

thanks and love

Roisin

Bad KarmaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara