(17)Breaking the Ice

Start from the beginning

I smiled and shot Persephone a look; "Would you like to join me?"

The goddess of spring grinned slyly; "Oh, I was going to come even if you didn't invite me!"

We giggled and Conrad just shook his head in amusement; "Just be careful not to hurt anyone- and remember; don't overdo it! You need your energy for tomorrow's training with Alexus."

"I won't and thank you for today's lesson- I'm sorry I was a bit late."

"That's alright, dear." Conrad grinned and signalled for Samaria, who stood at the entrance, to come into the room; "I know Hypnos is visiting and you probably had some introductions to make."

"Oh! Hypnos is there?" Persephone asked excitedly.

"He arrived yesterday. Hi, Samaria!"

"Hey girl! Good Afternoon, my lady." Samaria bowed slightly as she passed Persephone. The goddess smiled cheekily, just nodding her head.

I clapped my hands together; "Right! Let's go before classes end!"

I grabbed Persephone by the arm and waved to Conrad and Samaria as they discussed some academic schedules. Samaria winked goodbye, but Conrad only nodded his head; a small amused smile playing on his lips; "Try not to hurt anyone, girls..."

Persephone mumbled into my ear; "Where's the fun in that?"

I'd changed into some black shorts, a sport bra and my trainers, and I was busy pulling my hair into a high ponytail as Persephone examined her gold-coloured nails

"So what do you think of Hypnos?"

I pursed my lips and shrugged; "He seems very calm and cool. I like him- I think we have a very similar mindset."

"True... He's always been the more composed brother, but even more distant than Thany."

"Thany?" I asked with a laugh.

Persephone giggled; "Thanatos hates it when I call him that!"

"I can imagine!" I picked up my boxing wraps from the table and quickly wrapped them around my hands and wrists. Persephone watched in interest as I folded them with some skill; "Do you box?"

"I used to do some martial arts, but about two years ago I started with some basic kickboxing classes as well, just for fun. It's really good for stamina..."

"I can imagine! You should teach me some basics! But not today- I just had my nails done..."

I laughed and watched as Persephone winked and adjusted her silky white dress. The strap hung over her one shoulder and around the middle she wore a golden belt that consisted of thinly shaped leaves. I could only imagine how expensive her entire ensemble was.

Would I have to wear all this when I become a goddess too?

I had no idea what to expect- but for now I was just enjoying wearing shorts again, after so long only being able to put on dresses.