Chapter 22 : Fireplace

Start from the beginning

"Ye-yeah." Ten uttered nervously. "Im-"

"Such a long project meeting I'll say." Kai continued. "So what do you have there? Mind if you come down?"

Ten nodded and went down from the stairs to face his brother.

"Awww~" Kai approached the younger but he stepped back."You bought gifts for me?"

"No this is from-" Ten was interrupted.

"Let me see that." Kai grabbed Ten's bouquet and smelled it. "It smells nice Ten. Roses , you know my taste."

"Hyung that's not for you." Ten lowered his head in fear. He's so scared right now that he just wanted to cry. "Please give it back to me."

"If it's not for me then for who?" Kai asked as he hold Ten's chin, pulling it up. "Is it yours?"

Ten didn't respond. He can't look onto his hyung's dark eyes. Those dark orbs looks like a look coming from a killer.

"If it's not yours, might as well burn it." Kai turned his back on the younger and went to the fireplace.

"Hyung!!! No! STOP!!" Ten cried.

"It's been so long since I've opened it." Kai got the remote control from the table and switched it on. The fireplace started to lit, giving more light inside the room.

"PLEASE STOP IT HYUNG!!!!" Ten cried, kneeling down begging for his older brother. He is hugging the white bear, Taeyong gave him, tightly within his arms.

"Shhhhh." Kai putted his finger on his lips. "Lower it down or you'll wake Jeno upstairs."

"But hyung!" Ten begged. "Please stop."

"Stop what?" Kai asked the younger. "I don't know what you are talking about."

"Hyung, That's important to me." Ten can't take the idea of his bouquet ending up like that. Taeyong gave that to him and it's very precious. More precious than any gifts he had.

" You mean THIS?" Kai then throwed the bouquet of roses in the fireplace. He showed no mercy to the younger.

Ten's eyes widened as tears flows down from his eyes. He just watched the roses burn in the fire one by one. Ashes flowing out of the fireplace.

Taeyong gave those to him and it breaks his heart remembering those smiles coming from his boyfriend just to be burned effortlessly. 'Why?' That's the only question he can think of.

"Why?!" Ten shouted as he holded his chest. He can't accept the fact that his hyung can be harsh as this. "It was given to me!!! NOT YOURS!!!!"

"Why?" Kai kneeled down to align his position with Ten. "I'm just protecting you."

"FROM WHAT?!" Ten tighten his hug on his bear, protecting it from his hyung.

"Another one gift to go." Kai pulled the bear forcefully from Ten's grip.

"Stop!!" Ten cried. "It's mine!!!" He fighted back that earned him a slap from the older.

Kai then grabbed a handful of Ten's hair, pulling it up. He smirked at the younger as he looked at him from head to toe, watching him suffer.