The woman had a heavy accent and Michael assumed that she was from Europe.

Michael gave an awkward grin. “Nice to meet you.”

Morgan cleared his throat. “So I invited you guys here because I have something really important to tell you.”

Mariah furrowed her eyebrows. “What's up?”

“Well…” Morgan shot his eyes at his girlfriend, then back at Mariah. “I've been planning a move to Italy.”

Mariah's​ jaw dropped. “You're what?”

Michael smiled with genuine glee, he hadn’t been Morgan’s biggest fan lately anyway. “I'm happy for you.”

“Thanks Mike.” Morgan turned to Mariah. “Now Mariah, I know you weren't expecting this but-”

Mariah deadpanned. “It's fine. I'm happy for you.”

Michael could tell she was upset by the announcement, but she held her head down, picking at the pasta on her plate. Michael looked down at his own plate and grimaced at what was supposed to be chicken parmesan.

“So what part of Italy are you moving to?” Michael asked.

Giuliana answered. “We're moving to Sardinia. It's one of the islands off the mainland.”

“That's nice.” Michael glanced at Mariah. “Baby, isn’t that nice?”

No answer.

To the side of him, he noticed Noelle gain the courage to eat her food.

“Is it good, baby?” He asked as she went in for a second bite.

Noelle nodded, awkwardly sloshing the food around in her mouth. “It's good.”

He chuckled as Nicole made a disgusted face at her twin. Elizabeth watched her older sister then went for her own food. She took a small bite out of her chicken parm patty before quickly spitting it out on the floor.

“Lizzie!” Mariah shouted. “Stop that!”

Elizabeth ran her hands down her tongue, trying to make sure every bit of the nasty chicken was out of her mouth.

Michael suppressed a chuckle.

“Elizabeth Whitney Jackson!” Mariah shouted.

Really Mariah...very childish.

“Her middle name is Katherine, babe.” Michael said, nonchalantly.

“Not anymore it’s not! My baby is not walking around with your other child’s middle name.”

Michael could see Morgan flash his eyebrows in his periphery.

“Mari-”

“Lizzie!” She shouted, as her daughter pushed the plate off the table--cracking the plastic.

Cheap ass IKEA dishes…

“What did I tell you!” Mariah screamed, grabbing the eighteen month old by her collar.

Michael went for Mariah’s wrist, unhanding Elizabeth for her.

“What are you doing! Let go!”

“Mariah, you need to calm down!” Michael explained. “You promised: no more whoopings!”

“She trying my patience, Michael.”

Michael’s eyebrows shot straight in the air. “And you’re trying mine!”

“Hey!” Morgan exclaimed. “None of that!”

No one asked you though…

Michael loosened his hand from Mariah’s wrist, choosing to ignore his brother-in-law.