Chapter 3

"She's a fucking little shit head" Jimin rants to Tae and I about the same girl as he did the other day. "Like ya I get it you got an A+ but my B+ is great too bastard!" He talks about this girl all the time now. I wonder if he's pissed at her or just likes her. We don't actually know her name and Jimin refuses to tell us, so we just assume that she's an ugly stupid mystery girl. Jimin gets a call from his mom, she says he needs to go home because he needs to finish packing for the wedding they're going to this weekend. "Y'all fuckers needa save me from this gay ass weeding" Jimin pouts. "With your attitude you'd be lucky if we saved you from a burning bridge." Tae replies. "What ever Tae, stupid little bitch, I gotta go so bye dykes." Tae and I roll our eyes and wave goodbye to Jimin. "Did your mom talk to your dad yet?" Tae asked trying to not act desperate. "Yes she did and she said you can stay. Let's go to your house and get you some stuff" "you don't want to come to my house Jungkook" "why not" "it's scary and messy and you'll be scared and-" "Tae I don't care I don't want you to go alone" "I'm not a baby Jungkook and I can go by myself" "I'm coming and I don't care what you say." We walk off to Tae's house.

      We reach his small green house. It's not in good shape. The lawn is a mess and the house is falling apart. I've never actually been to his house before, this side of town is sketchy so I've never come down here. "Ok so you're going to need to be the quietest you've ever been before. If my dad wakes up or sees us we're both fucked." Taehyung dictates. I nod as we make our way behind the house. Next to the back door there is a window, we crawl in. The smell is terrible, it's smoke and whisky. I stand in his room with a blank expression on my face. "You can talk now if you whisper." He hums. "Where is all of your things?" I ask tears welling up in my eyes. "This is all of my stuff."

      It's a nearly empty room with a bed, part of a dresser, a shelf, and a light fixture falling off the ceiling. "Jungkook, this is how I've been living for as long as I can remember. My whole life I've taken care of myself and raised myself. Christmas at my house consists of my dad giving me $5 to go but us TV dinners. I eat mine in my room and he eats his in the living room." Silent tears fall down my face. This is so horrible. "Let's grab your things and get out of here." I reply. Tae nods and begins packing the few things and clothes he has into a black garbage bag. I hear steps coming near the room. "Shit Jungkook, throw this bag out the window and get in my closet now!" I follow orders and peek out the closet door.

      "Why the hell are you here!" A man yells. "I live here." Tae says back. "Pfft ya whatever. Really wish you didn't and your mother did but mistakes are made aren't they. And you're the biggest one ever made!" "Thank you Dad, you know it's not my fault!" The man lifts his hand and slaps Taehyung in the face. "Jungkook jump out the window grab my bag and start running! NOW!" "Who the hell is Jungkook?!" Again I follow orders and Tae follows as we both run and jump out of the window sprinting down the street. We stop at the end of the block as I look at his face. "It's cut we need to go to my house. I thought you said he never hit you?" I ask. He doesn't reply just walks towards my house.

       "Hey boys what's happen- Taehyung! What happened to your face!" My mothers asks. "Me and Jungkook were racing and I tripped and fell, dead on my face. Silly me." Tae chuckles a little and smiles. "Well Jungkook you clean that up for him. Taehyung I'm glad you're here if there is anything you need, tell us and we will get it for you." "Thank you Mrs.Jeon" "Please call me mom." "Thank you Mom!"

We sprint up the stairs to the guest room. "You can put your stuff anywhere here this is your room. But Tae what happened back there?" I ask curiously. "Jungkook, nothing happened ok? Every thing is fine now and I'm here! Ouch!" Taehyung touches his cheek in pain. "Let me clean that up for you." I run to the bathroom and grab the first aid kit my mom keeps. I begin to clean the wound on his right cheek right below his eye. Stroking my hand back a forth with a cleansing wipe over the cut. I put a bandage on it and look deep into Tae's eyes. I don't remember them being so pretty and sparkly before? Did something change? "What are you staring at, Jungkook?" Taehyungs eyes squint in confusion. They look even cuter squinted. Wait, what am I saying right now? "Nothing your eyes just have a sparkle that's all." Not wanting to lie I tell the truth. "Sparkle? Hm that's a new one." He chuckles. He falls back onto his bed and smiles as he folds his hands and puts them over his eyes.

He looks cute! I don't understand, my heart pulses and I make my way out of the room.

"Boys! Dinner!" My mom calls from downstairs. "Be there in a second!" I reply. Me and Taehyung meet at the top of the stairs. "Why did you leave so quickly." He questions me. "Uhh. I had to pee and wanted to give you time to unpack your stuff." We seat ourself at the dinner table. "Can we pray?" Tae asks, my parents look up at him as my dad says "That is an excellent idea!" They all bow their head and shut their eyes. Tae begins to pray. All I can do is stare. There it is again. My heart is pulsing!