Heading to Wave

Civilians and Shinobi alike were enjoying the early morning which was quickly disrupted.

"TORA!" a familiar voice of a genin capturing the infamous demon cat yelled out

Chunnin and jounin alike chuckled to themselves as other genin wept to themselves and sent their sympathy to their fellow comrades.

Before most shinobi could continue with their daily lives, like the civilians, they heard and unbelievable sound.

"YROOOWW!"

All Shinobi turned towards the forest where Tora frequented whenever he escaped from the Daimyo's wife.

Out of the woods emerged a blonde boy with orange goggles, carrying Tora by the scruff of its neck.

Flanking him was a red haired girl who was occasionally flicking her whip. And the last Uchiha who was looking to smugly at the slightly signed cat.

The trio walked past the stunned shinobi.

"Maa maa, sorry about the disturbance." the familiar voice of Hatake Kakashi said as he sheepishly followed his team

"It's Minato's team all over again." a retired jounin whispered before walking back into the bar he had just exited

<=>

Hiruzen resisted the urge to plant his face into his desk.

The Daimyo's wife was hugging her 'Tora-kun'who didn't bother trying to escape as long as Team 7 was on the room.

As the Daimyo's wife left, Hiruzen turned to glare at the team.

"What do you have to say for yourselves?" Hiruzen asked calmly

"We did not crumble, we did not back down. We stood eye to eye with violence and it blinked first." Naruto blurted out

His comment was met with silence before Iruka, who had been there for quite a while, broke it.

"Naruto, what the fuck?" he asked exasperation in his voice

"He didn't learn that from me." was the response from the rest of his team

Naruto sheepishly rubbed the back of his head. He had no clue as to where that came from but it just felt right to say.

Hiruzen mentally prayed to Kami to help him fix this mess of a child. He was getting to old for this shit. He tuned back into reality to eye Team 7 with scrutiny. He needed them out of the village and fast or her might die from an ulcer. 

A small yellow scroll sitting in the right corner of his desk caught his attention. Frowning he picked up the scroll and read it. His frown deepened when he noticed this had been a distress call from Team 4 which had left about a week ago.

"Kakashi how capable is your team with handling a support mission?" Hiruzen demanded

"Fairly good Hokage-sama, as long as they are not facing multiple threats." Kakashi reported, his team standing at attention in front of him

Throwing the scroll at Kakashi who immediately caught it he gave a quick debriefing of the mission.

"Your mission is to aid Team 4 in their protection of the bridge builder Tazuna. Look out and incapacitate any threats to your mission. This is a B-rank possibly A-rank mission, proceed with caution and do not let arrogance drive you. I do not need to lose promising genin because of their recklessness." 

Team 7 nodded in understanding before leaving the office. Hiruzen waited several seconds before slumping in his chair.

"Hokage-sama, are you sure this was a good idea?" Iruka inquired, nervous for his three former students

"Iruka-san answer me this. Do you know when that yellow scroll arrived?" 

"No Hokage-sama."

"I see." 

And with that Hiruzen ended the conversation, but mentally making a note to check his office for seals or genjutsu that messed with his mind.

<=>

Sakura, Sasuke and Naruto had immediately traveled back home to gather items that they would need. 

Naruto was ready in two minutes, considering he always had a scroll packed with important items when he first learned of sealing scrolls. He could never bring himself to stop this habit even after he moved in with Sasuke.

Sakura was the next to have finished packing. She decided to pack a few weapons, a lot of medical supplies and extra clothes for the boys since she knew that would forget. She also snagged a few survival bars in case there wasn't enough food for where they were heading. 

Sasuke was the last to finish. He had grabbed the standard items and emergency items. Naruto's favourite blanket which he held onto when ever he experienced flashbacks to before he found Sasuke and Sakura. He grabbed Sakura's favourite whip and frying pan. He also grabbed his chakra conductive gloves for training.

The trio met at the East gate and waited patiently for their sensei. 

"What the hell?" Sasuke blurted out when he caught sight of Kakashi only a few minutes late

"Is this a genjutsu, or a hallucinogenic?" Sakura wondered out loud

"Did Anko-nee-san drug our food again?" Naruto panicked while pinching himself 

"Ha ha, I have such hilarious little genin. I can't believe they signed up for a full two weeks of catching Tora when we come back from this mission." Kakashi drawled 

He soon found himself with his genin bowing at his feet and looking up with kitten eyes.

"Don't send us back to that demon Kakashi-sensei." His team pleaded

Kakashi rubbed his cheek in embarrassment. This was a little too much even for him, and he dealt with Gai on a regular basis. Speaking of Gai, Kakashi wondered where he is.

"YOSH! MY ETERNAL RIVAL I HAVE HEARD YOU ARE TAKING YOUR TEAM ON A B-RANKED MISSION!" Kakashi heard Gai exclaim

Looking around in panic, Kakashi searched the area for Gai. Not catching sight of him but not wanting to risk it, Kakashi gathered his genin in his arms and ran off. He did not have enough Icha Icha to ignore the man today.

Several minutes later, they were far from the village walls when Kakashi finally decided tolet his genin walk on their own, now that the green threat was gone. Several minutes passed and Kakashi resigned himself to some peaceful quiet as thy traveled to Wave.

"So Naruto? Iruka, Anko and Kisame, rogue nin from Kiri. Fuck, Marry, Kill?" Sakura started while holding a Bingo book in her hands

"Easy. Fuck Kisame, Marry Iruka and Kill Anko. Minato, Sasori of the Sands and Deidara the Iwa Bomber. Sasuke?" Naruto shot back

"Hn. Marry Sasori, Kill Deidara and Fuck Minato."

"Really why marry Sasori?" Sakura inquired 

"Easy no need to start up my own spy network, it's already there."

Kakashi suppressed a groan at his genin's antics. He hoped they arrived in Wave before he slapped silencing tags on them.

A/N: ALL PAIRINGS ARE CURRENTLY FREE FOR ALL!!! 

If you can give me a good reason for a certain pairing then that is the pairing I'll most likely do, unless it's a ship that makes me uncomfortable even writing it. 

Also, Naruto was Cecil from Nightvale in a previous life.