Sakura's Goal

Sakura hummed softly to herself as she walked across the barren wasteland.

She didn't know if she was awake or not but she was certain it was not a genjutsu.

The scene changed and Sakura found herself following behind a young man.

The young man was walking leisurely through what seemed to be a battlefield. He was covered in blood and was limping slightly. Just as he was going to collapse a young woman appeared before him and caught him.

"Oh, Yoosung you shouldn't have been here." she murmured to the worn out boy

"They killed everyone, Atsuko. Even the infants, the babies. I had to avenge them." Yoosung whispered harshly

Atsuko dragged Yoosung towards a tree and set him against it.

"Yes but now they'll hunt you. You just slaughtered an entire clan in one night."

"Not true I left those under 13 alive."

"Even with that fact the Hyuuga clan will call for your blood. You just destroyed one of their branch clans."

"I can fix this Atsuko. Do you trust me?"

"Of course, Yoosung."

"I'm sorry, Atsuko."

Yoosung quickly knocked Atsuko unconscious. He went through a series of seals before he places his hands on Atsuko's forehead.

His hands glow purple before he stands up. Yoosung looks down at Atsuko his eyes filled with unshed tears.

"I will always love you Atsuko but the Haruno clan cannot be associated with me. I wish you luck."

Yoosung left Atsuko near the tree before he disappeared from view.

Sakura watched the whole scene with tears flowing down her face.

Atsuko woke up a few minutes later as she looked around she let out a cry of anguish as she screamed out Yoosung's name.

"DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE ME. YOU PROMISED ME UZUMAKI." she screamed out her love turning into frustrated anger

Atsuko angrily got up and walked away with Sakura following behind her.

They soon arrived at a large compound and stomped towards a room.

An old man sat in the middle of the room appearing to be meditating.

"Father, I have a request." Atsuko spat out harshly

The man gave a hum of acknowledgement.

"From this day forward we are enemies of the Uzumaki clan. Any Uzumaki near our compound is to be killed on sight. No Haruno shall associate with an Uzumaki unless there is a good reason." Atsuko ranted

"Of course Atsuko, you are clan heiress after all."

Sakura gave out a cry of anger at the new rule. It was unfair. Yoosung left her for a good reason but she refused to accept that.

Before Sakura could attempt to grab Atsuko the scene shifted and Sakura found herself behind the woman once more but in a somewhat familiar place. Around her was what she could guess as the newly founded village of Konoha.

Atsuko shifted slightly and Sakura gasped in shock at the woman's figure. She looked more serene than when she last saw her. She was kneeling in front of what Sakura recognized as the Memorial Stone. The woman had set down a bundle of roses by a familiar name.

Uzumaki Yoosung

"Hello Yoosung, I've been meaning to talk to you for awhile now. It's been quiet since we've last seen each other. I still can't believe you saved me of all people. The jutsu you used on me has finally faded and I remember my feelings." Here the woman stopped tears streaming from her face as she covered her mouth

"Oh Kami, why did you do it Yoo-kun? I loved you now I'm marrying a Hyuuga. The ones that killed your family. Kami dammit! If I hadn't been so, so weak maybe you would still be alive, and maybe I would have told you how I felt. Oh Yoosung, I'm so sorry." The woman said finishing on a whisper

Sakura stared down at the distraught woman who was sobbing to herself. She sighed heavily, she knew what it was like to lose someone you cared for to the enemy. Her father had been that way and now he was dead. She reached out towards the woman and her vision suddenly went black. 

Her vision being suddenly impaired caused Sakura to fall to her knees. She felt around for something and flinched away as she ran headfirst into something hard. Sakura looked up and yet still could not see anything.

"Are you satisfied now Haruno?" a harsh voice called out to Sakura

"You lead him to his death. It's all your fault. He had so much to live for." another voice spat out 

Sakura was crying she didn't know who these people were but they blamed her for something she had no part in.

She opened her mouth to explain but someone else's voice came out instead.

"I didn't want this to happen. I loved h-"

"You loathed him. Do not try to make up for your actions Haruno." a sharp voice cut off her explanation

Sakura curled into a ball as she was bombarded with these harsh voices.

COWARD

HYPOCRITE 

MURDERER

KILLER

BITCH

HE SHOULD HAVE LIVED

DIE

BRING HIM BACK

She couldn't take it. It was becoming to much.

"NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!" She screamed out

And all the voices were gone. Sakura opened her eyes and found herself standing over a familiar body. It was Naruto but he was older. His bright blue eyes that lit up whenever he laughed, were dull. 

He was laying in a pool of his own blood and his face marred by a permanent scowl that was most likely on his face when he died. Sakura let out a bloodcurdling scream as she stared at the lifeless body of her first friend.

Before Sakura could even reach out to it the body glowed a golden colour before disappearing. She was now alone and scared.

"DO YOU WISH FOR REDEMPTION CHILD?" A voice called out surrounding Sakura

Sakura sniffled, not sure on how to answer the question. She pondered it before settling with answering from the heart.

"I....I don't want Naruto to die. I don't want to be left alone because if Naruto dies Sasuke will leave and I will be alone again and I don't want that." Sakura answered

"THEN TRAIN CHILD. DO NOT LET THE PAST KEEP YOU FROM MOVING FORWARD. SURPASS YOUR ANCESTORS AND FIX THE BONDS BETWEEN THE HARUNO AND UZUMAKI CLAN." The voice called out and Sakura was knocked out

Sakura would then dream of being a medic nin and saving all those close to her. She dreamt of Naruto and Sasuke by her side as she moved the Elemental Nations into a new era of medicine and healing.