Itachi the Clan Head

Okay so this chapter is before the massacre. This should have gone before the previous chapter but I wasn't really thinking.

Itachi hid his frown in front of the council. They were all congratulating him on becoming clan head. Hiashi was subtly, by civilian standards, hinting that he was willing to help Itachi for a price. Most other clan heads were looking at him in sympathy or apathy.

He sighed to himself and wondered how his little brother was doing. He hadn't seen him since he had taken up the clan head duties.

Shisui knocked on the door of his ANBU commander. He had his three minions wrapped in rope to keep them from escaping. His commander opened the door and looked at him lazily.

"Is there a reason why you're here my little kouhai?" his commander teasingly asked 

Shisui withheld a sigh of annoyance as he pointed to his minions, who were already getting out of the rope.

"Could you please babysit these brats while I'm gone?" Shisui asked

"Oh where are you going?" his commander asked

"Look Kakashi-senpai, Mikoto is planning the funeral for Fugaku and she doesn't want the kids there. Could you just please just look after them?" Shisui pleaded

Kakashi huffed before completely opening his door and letting Shisui drag the brats inside. 

Naruto looked around the small apartment of the man that Shisui knew. He didn't know why but he smelled familiar.

Sasuke grumbled in disappointment. He wanted to know what was happening with kaa-chan. She needed him.

Sakura shook her head and wondered how she got roped into this. Her nose scrunched up when she caught sight of the mess everywhere.

"Thank you for this senpai I'll pick them up at 8." Shisui said before dashing away

Kakashi made a disgruntled sound before turning to the three brats. He frowned before noticing the two were missing.

"Where's blondie and pinkie?" he asked the Uchiha

The Uchiha sighed before pointing to his right. Kakashi turned his head and spotted the girl sweeping while blondie picked up some of his clothes and folding them.

"What are you two doing?" he asked

"Don't bother, Naruto and Sakura hate messes. Sakura because she's used to clean and Naruto because the orphanage used to starve him if he didn't clean any mess that they made." the Uchiha told Kakshi

Kakashi frowned at the starving part. He knew that most didn't really like the jinchuriki but to starve him was inhumane.

"When will they stop?" he asked

"They'll stop when this room is clean. I recommend you really lock your doors or they'll clean the entire place." the Uchiha said

Kakashi paled before rushing to his room. He hid his I Icha Icha books. He did not need kids to find that. He took a glance at the last book he needed to put up.

Looking behind him and seeing no one he giggled perversely. He had enough time to read one book.

"Ohhh Mina-kouhai you naughty, naughty girl." Kakashi said

Sasuke watched Kakashi rush off before walking to the kitchen. Opening the fridge, he sighed in disappointment to see nothing there.

Slamming the door closed he turned to the cupboard before opening it. He frowned when he saw there were only a few clothes.