Seventeen: Getting Closer

Guess who's back, bitches?!

Not me, of course.

=====

The sun has risen. Ayumi woke up with a smile on her face. Her mind was filled with positive thoughts, one of them being the possibility of Yoshiki having mutual feelings with her. She immediately got out of bed and went straight to the showers.

After showering, she then went to put on her uniform and fixed her hair into her usual hairstyle. She smiled enthusiastically at the mirror, thinking that she was cute enough for Yoshiki to compliment her.

After deeming herself presentable, she giggled lightly and went downstairs to eat breakfast with her sister, Hinoe.

After reaching the kitchen, she then went to the table, pulled out a chair and sat down. Hinoe seemed to notice her little sister's happy aura.

"Someone's feeling positive today." Hinoe said, and Ayumi's smile grew wider. Hinoe then gave Ayumi a plate with waffles on top of it. Ayumi inhaled the scent of the newly cooked food, then she turned to her sister and said, "Thanks for the food, big sis."

Hinoe gently ruffled her hair and replied, "You're very welcome, Ayumi."

=====

"Take care, Ayumi!" Hinoe shouted, waving at her sister Ayumi who was grinning happily.

She then proceeded to walk to her school so that she won't be late. Feeling happy and positive, she hummed a tune that she herself made up. Her thoughts were filled with Yoshiki complimenting her, hugging her and... Kissing her?!

She suddenly stopped walking as her face started heating profusely. She covered her face with both of her hands and started to shake her vigorously.

No! Stop overthinking, idiot! As if THAT'S going to happen!

Ayumi then heard a familiar voice, her head quickly turning to see who it was.

A blonde male came into her vision, smiling at her as if he had seen something ridiculous. She blushed even more when he started to walk towards her, grinning like an idiot.

"What the hell happened to you, Shinozaki? Shaking your head vigorously, as if somthing possessed you. You were like," The male said as he re-enacted what Ayumi did earlier. He shook his head vigorously, while making a 'wub-bub' sound.

"Kishinuma, you bully!" She screamed, pouting at him and then crossing her arms.

He cackled loudly, holding his stomach and slapping his knee.

"I'm so sorry! Its just that, you were so adorable." He bluntly said, making Ayumi blush even more than before.

Yoshiki then realized what he just said earlier, and then the atmosphere became awkward. He awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck and said, "Uh... F-Forget I said that..."

And with this, Ayumi merely smiled and giggled at his antics. She shook her head and replied, "Its okay. I'll take it as a compliment."

Yoshiki flushed and looked away, too scared to look her in the eye. He then proceeded to clear his throat so that the awkward atmosphere would disappear.

"Anyway, since we both met along the way, why don't we walk to school together?" He asked, holding out his hand for her to take.

She stared at the outsretched hand, her face reddening. S-Should I hold his hand?

Smiling, she took his hand and entwined their fingers together. She looked up and saw a shocked Yoshiki. She chuckled lightly and answered his question.