three

•the service•

It was September 10th. I woke up early to take a shower before I got dressed in a simple dress and some sandals.

The dress was short sleeved and was navy at the top with crochet-like embellishments around the sleeves and waistline, and had horizontal navy and emerald stripes down the bottom half. I never found time to go look for a fancier dress, and that was the most appropriate in my closet. I couldn't go to the service in a spaghetti strap dress!

My sandals were from Target. They had silver braided faux leather that wrapped around my ankle and met in the middle of my foot.

I put on some sparkly eyeshadow and mascara before I sat down under a mini hair dryer. I watched Netflix and ate Eggos for breakfast as I waited for my hair to dry.

"Millie, hurry up and finish getting ready, Mrs. Lukasiak is on her way!" my mom shouted from the kitchen.

"Almost ready!" I replied.

I grabbed a small gold purse and pink lip gloss along with my phone and ran downstairs to say goodbye to my parents and wait for Chloe's mom to pick me up. A few minutes later, a black Honda pilot pulled up into my driveway. Chloe hopped out of the car in a black dress that had triangular cut outs along the neckline and walked to the door. I immediately felt under dressed, but I shook it off and put a smile on my face as I walked outside. I said hi to Chloe and gave her a hug. Both our moms wanted pictures so we posed for a few of those before we got in the car. Finally, I was able to say goodbye to my mom and we drove off to pick up Kendall and Sadie.

We got to Kendall's house and Sadie was already there. Kendall was also wearing a black dress with vertical cutouts along the neckline and Sadie was wearing a gorgeous white dress covered in lace with flared long sleeves. We posed for some pictures and got in the car again to drive to the temple.

***

When we arrived, we walked inside to meet up with Sophia, Brynn, Caleb, Gaten, Jack, Jaeden, and Wyatt. There were also a lot of Wyatt's family members and even another family whose daughter was having her bat mitzvah at the same time. To my disappointment, Finn wasn't there.

We were guided into a relatively small room with a long table in the middle. The rabbi began the service. It was kinda interesting, but it was getting increasingly hotter by the minute. Something was wrong. I began to feel sweaty and dizzy. I could hear my heart beating in my ears and I could feel it in my chest. It was odd and very random, I didn't know why it was happening. I got nervous, I couldn't make a scene. That would ruin it for everyone. I kept to myself and took deep breaths.

"I don't feel good, it's so hot," I whispered to Sadie. I was surprised to hear that my voice shook when I talked to her.

"You ok?" Sadie asked. She looked worried when she heard how shaky my voice was.

"I feel like I'm gonna throw up. There's nothing to be nervous about I don't know why this is happening. This has never happened before!" I whispered back.

"You got this. You'll be ok, we'll be out of here soon," Sadie reassured me and took my hand.

And she was right. Soon enough we got out of that stuffy room and were moved into a large room with rows and rows of pews. I pretty much zoned out the rest of the service wondering why Finn wasn't there. Maybe he'll be at the party, I thought. That's highly unlikely. It wouldn't be polite to only go to the party. Unless there was a conflict?

"Mills!" Sadie tapped me on the shoulder, snapping me out of my thoughts. "The service is over! Let's go find Chloe's mom and go to the party!"

I took a deep breath. Finally! We found Wyatt and congratulated him, then found Chloe and Kendall with Mrs. Lukasiak and proceeded to drive to Cupsaw Clubhouse.

hi it feels like i haven't updated in forever i'm so sorry! idk this chapter feels a little random but i wanted to stay as true to real events as possible.. it's the end of the school year for me and all that fun 8th grade graduation stuff and yeah, anyway, i'll be updating more soon i promise. let me know what you think! love you guys 💓