Chapter 56: Her

Filling up and passing a college application form at the University of Sydney wasn't really that easy for me. I still struggle whenever I talk to people, and I don't even understand why. Maybe I really just have this problem with interacting with people. But even though it went really hard for me, I manage to stay calm just to be able to do all this. My future's past approaching, and I know I really have to work on it. Even though I don't have my parents with me at the moment, I have enough people in my life who believe in me. I really just have to work extra harder and be patient at all things just to be successful. I can't be late anymore, or be absent. It isn't really an issue for me anymore. I have found a lot of good reasons to motivate me to come to school in time. I just hope it stays the same, since I'm starting to feel like changes are starting to begin in my life as of the moment.

I opened my bedroom door and placed all my stuffs on my table. It's been a long but great day. The experience was indeed great. I looked very decent with what I'm wearing, and as for what I have observed, people were kind of impressed on how I presented myself. I decided to put my hair up in a nice fishtail braid, the one that Stella loves doing to my hair. At first I really thought they would question my choice of color for my hair, but they choose to ignore it. I admit I bought new clothes for this thing, because I really want to get the scholarship. Ms. Falcone had mentioned me to them so they were familiar about me, somehow. I wish the process was easy as I thought. But I guess, it's not. I'm still having thoughts of being rejected, but I keep brushing it off away. Being a pessimist isn't really a nice thing to be. I've got to start thinking things in a good point of view.

I removed my newly bought flat shoes and flopped down on my comfortable bed. A smile automatically formed in my lips. It's still early but I feel tired and I couldn't get myself up because of how cozy my bed is. I moved closer to rest my head on my pillow and grabbed the other one, hugging it tight. The smile on my face slowly faded as I open my eyes, breathing in the familiar scent that lingered on my pillow.

It smelled like Calum.

It's been almost a week. It's been almost a week since we shared that unforgettable kiss under the rain, and made me feel like I was the only girl in the universe. It was indeed breath-taking, and I can still remember every single detail of that special moment. I hugged the pillow tighter and buried my face on it, letting the scent seem to be a drug to me. I miss his tender kisses, his smiles, his laugh, his eyes, his touches, his humor, everything about him. I miss him so much.

"Having you means having everything."

I rested my back on my bed, staring blankly at the ceiling as I sighed heavily. I hate admitting things to myself, but I couldn't deny the fact anymore that something between Calum and I had change. It wasn't like him anymore. I don't wake up to his sweet morning messages anymore, I don't get beautifully disturbed in my slumber because of him throwing pebbles on my window anymore, I don't wake up getting surprised because I would see him sleeping beside me, having his muscular arms wrapped around my torso anymore, I don't get to laugh at the stupidest things like we used to do all the day anymore, I haven't had a blast of fun anymore, and I don't even get to hang out with him anymore. I haven't seen him for almost a week, even just a glimpse, or in a recent picture or in my phone's screen. He wouldn't text me if I wouldn't text him. There are no sleepless nights of talking to him through FaceTime anymore. I couldn't help but wonder what is happening. I miss him terribly, and I admit it's starting to take me back to my vicious sad world again.

I got startled at my thoughts by my phone vibrating somewhere beneath my bedsheets, signaling me that someone had sent a text message. I immediately rummaged through my sheets and took my phone, having curiosity growing inside me as a text message from an unknown number popped out of my phone's screen.