Chapter 45: Him

"What made you write songs like this?" Luke asked while flicking through the pages of my notebook.

"I started writing that a long time ago." I paused and smiled. "And I finished it after the battle of the bands, I think."

"This got sick lyrics, dude! Sing it, I wanna hear." Luke requested, making me give him a death glare.

"Dude I just put my guitar back on its case."

"Use mine then."

Luke gave me his acoustic guitar and my notebook. I looked at the lyrics, a smile automatically escaped from my lips. For the past whole month I've had, this has been what I was working on. I didn't mean to let any of my band mates to see it. But Luke did. Well I guess I need to work on how am I going to hide some private things now, especially when I'm with them.

"I'll start on the second verse." I sat back down after adjusting the guitar. "It's my favorite part"

"Just play the damn song, Hood."

I started strumming a chord, looking at Luke's serious face. Before I got to the singing part, Michael and Ashton got closer, probably interested about some new tunes. Or not.

"She's got a rose tattoo but she keeps it covered
I play guitar but she's into drummers
She seen my face around but she doesn't even know my name..."

I continued singing until I got into the last part. I can't help but pull out a grin as I come to think of the reasons why I came up with this song. I always say that she'll never ever matter to me, yet she always crosses my mind. I always find myself smiling at night while writing down some lyrics. It's my own way of expressing my emotions. By that time I couldn't even admit to myself that I'm already in love with her. I wasn't sure, and I thought that maybe I was just being carried away by the whole pretending thing. But then I realized, I wasn't. She was the first and only person I have ever made songs about. Sometimes I think she'll find them corny, but it's my own way of telling things I couldn't say.

"I'll just work on the tempo then bam! It'll have a sick beat, Calum! Great work on the song dude, wow!" Ashton exclaimed, with an amazed look evident on his face.

After few more minutes of talking about new songs, the clock struck six and it's time for us to go.

"There's a party at Jeremy's house tonight. You guys coming?" Ashton asked, making our heads turn to look at him.

"I'll go. It'll probably be boring having some visitors at home." Michael stated.

"I'll come. How 'bout you Cal?" Luke asked, startling me a bit.

"Ah, no guys," I took my guitar and slipped the case strap around my body. "I'll go and see Kristen."

"Look what love does to Calum." Ashton joked, making me look down and smile.

"We'll head out now. You need a ride?"

"No guys, thanks," I went out of the door before they could manage to get out first. "I'll just walk."

"Bye Calum. Be a good boy and don't do nasty things at Walsh's residence tonight, buddy."

Luke said with a devilish grin, making me throw one of the small rocks I got on the floor on him.

I waved goodbye to my stupid best friends and started walking, carrying my bag and guitar with me. It's a Sunday night and we have school tomorrow morning. I should probably be working on some home work tonight, but I couldn't seem to care about anything. It's only been a day but I'm seeing her again. Call me clingy and all but, I just love being with her now.

*

I knocked on her door the moment I got on her doorstep. I managed to walk to get to her house carrying my guitar, my bag and three boxes of pizza with me. I didn't text or call her about this. I just love surprising her all the time.

After a minute, the door opened, showing me a small girl in her dark blue pajamas with roses printed on it, and a baggy gray sweater that I recognized, if I'm not mistaken, was mine. Her hair is up in a messy bun, her face looked so fresh even without make up. She's beautiful.

I smiled at her. "Good evening."

"What made you come here?" Kristen asked, grinning like a fool. "Come in."

I walked inside, struggling. I sat down on the couch and rested, closing my eyes at the comfortable feeling. I feel so tired and my feet hurts a lot. This couch is so warm and cozy, I might just sleep here.

"You don't want to come with me?" She asked, startling me.

"Where?" The party crossed my mind immediately.

"Upstairs." She grinned. I gasped.

"We're gonna watch Harry Potter, you prick." Kristen laughed, making me join her. This is embarrassing. "Come on."

I took the boxes of pizza, leaving my bag and my guitar at the couch. I followed her upstairs, leading me inside her room. I walked around inside and started observing. Her purple walls are all covered with posters of her favorite bands. I noticed that some of them are the same with mine. At the top of her bed, there's a cut out of lyrics that says "if I lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world." At the other side, she has a big shelf of her favorite books. Her room looks really nice. It describes her perfectly.

"Nice room." I admitted, while looking at her fairy lights on the top of her bed.

"I told you," She chuckled lightly. "Mine's better than yours."

I walked closer and sat down on her bed. I opened the box of pizza, making her head turn to me with a devilish grin. She moved closer and I smiled. I cupped her face and gave her a quick peck on the lips.

"I thought you'll be in a party." She uttered.

"How'd you know?"

"I have a phone." Kristen chuckled. "Michael told me."

"I told them I'll have a recap of the Harry Potter series."

I took my shoes off and flopped down on her bed, resting my head on her lap. The movie started playing, but I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I still couldn't let the truth sink into me. We're together. But something hit me. What are we? I couldn't call her mine, I could tell what am I to her. We have admitted what we truly feel, but are we really done pretending? It quite bothers me. I turned to face the screen and sighed. I shouldn't have thought of that.

After hours of the watching her favorite movie, Kristen moved and rested on my arms, laying beside me. Her small arms wrapped around me, making me do the same.

"Don't you ever wonder?" She uttered.

"Wonder what?" I asked, looking at her.

"What if Lily and Snape ended up together?"

"There wouldn't be a Harry Potter movie." I stated and grinned, earning a light punch on the chest from her. She laughed lightly.

"I just, it just hit me." She paused. "At first I really thought that Snape is a douchebag who's trying to get Harry killed as well. After all those years that his father did to him, who would have thought that ever since Harry got to Hogwarts, he was protecting him?"

"That's just what love can do, Kristen. Snape loved Lily so much, that even though she didn't love him back, he never stopped loving her. He took all the consequences. He loved her even if he had to risk his own life. He was her hero."

It all slipped out of my mouth. She looked at me, locking our gazes. All I see is beautiful.

"You're really something." Kristen muttered, and kissed me on the lips.

"You're my kind of hero."

---------------

I hope you are all liking how the story is turning out! I love you all, thank you so much for the amount of reads this fanfic has! You guys are amazing! :)

-- Trisha