- Chapter 19 -

~ JACK'S POV ~

After Chloe got changed and came back, we all walked down to the pool. No one else was in there except our group. 

We all put our towels down at a table, and took our shoes off. Chloe took off her cover up and she had on a hot pink bikini top. She had on pink, lime green and turquoise patterned bottoms. 

She honestly looked so adorable. 

"Let's go swimming!" Cameron yelled in a childish tone, trying to be funny. 

He ran up to the edge of the pool and jumped in. Then the rest of us followed. I came up from under the water and opened my eyes. I saw that Chloe wasn't in the water. I looked around and I saw her sitting at the table on her phone. I got out of the water and went over to her. I grabbed my towel and dried off my face. I sat in the chair next to her.

"Hey, what are you doing?"

"Nothing." She replied, after looking up from her screen and smiling slightly.

I looked at her. I tried making eye contact, but she was concentrated on whatever was on her phone screen. Her eyes looked very glossy. I couldn't tell if it was just the glare from the light or if she was about to cry. Then I saw her blink and they looked more glossy. Then I knew.

"Chloe, what's wrong?" Her eyes were still locked on her phone. Then she realized I said something. She slowly moved her head upward and made eye contact with me.

"Huh? Oh, sorry, what?" She said.

"It's okay. What's going on?" I asked, glancing at her phone so she knew what I was talking about.

"Oh," She said looking down at her phone and then back at me. "It's nothing."

"Are you sure?" 

"Yeah." She said, looking down at her phone one more time. She then put it face down on the table, and started standing up.

"Why don't we go swimming?" A slight smile appeared on her face. Then a big one appeared on mine.

"Sounds good." I said with a giggle. 

We both went to the deep end where the rest of the guys were. We all swam around for a while. We played games and joked around. I got out to use the bathroom, but that was just an excuse to look at Chloe's phone. I went to our table to check the time. I turned Chloe's phone face up, and turned it on. But I didn't focus on the time - something else caught my eye. There were many messages from Aaron.

A: Chloe, where r u?
A: I'm going to find u
A: Chloe, I'm looking for u, and I can't find u anywhere
A: Where r u?
A: I'm starting to get worried!

I made sure nobody was looking, and I carried her phone out with me. I stood in the hallway. I expected her pass code to be different now, but it wasn't. It was still 227662, which it has been for the past year and a half. That's because those numbers spell out Aaron C. 

I looked in her messages with Aaron. I expected to see lots of read messages from Aaron with no responses. But I was wrong. There were lots of responses. Aaron and Chloe were having a full on conversation last night. It wasn't anything special. Nothing important at all. I decided to walk back in. I walked back to our table and put Chloe's phone down. When I turned around, Chloe was standing there with her arms crossed. 

"What'cha doing there?"

"I just came back from the bathroom."

"Doing what?"

"Just, my business." I said, trying to act as normal as possible.

"And by business, you mean my business?"

"What do you mean? I was just using the bathroom."

"And by bathroom, you mean 'the hallway where I go through my friends messages, while pretending to be in the bathroom'?" She said with a wicked smile. 

She unfolded her arms, and put her hands on her hips.

"I know you were going through my messages."

"I wanted to know what was going on."

"Well, maybe you don't need to know." Her attitude started kicking in.

"Yes, I do. I'm not going to let you be sad."

"Well, it's too late for that, isn't it?" 

"Oh, your going to get it!" I 'yelled'. 

I stepped closer to her, and started tickling her stomach. She started laughing and trying to push my arms away.

"Jack, stop!" She said giggling. She go away, but I chased after her. 

"Stop it!" She said with a playful voice. 

She was in front of a wall. There was a wall next to that one, and on the other side were fake rocks you could dive off of. She knew the rocks were to big for her to climb onto with out me getting her. So she tried moving side to side to trick me, but it didn't work. I caught her. She then almost got me, but I turned and grabbed her and picked her up. I through her over my shoulder.

"Jack, stop it!" She said. Her voice was filled the room with laughter.

"Not until I win." I said back. 

I went to the edge of the pool, and put her down. I pushed her in and jumped afterwards. We both came up from under the water, and the boys were all clapping.

'Yeah, G, get some!" Taylor shouted, and everyone laughed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note from Rae:

Guys, I absolutely love this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it.

- Rae