Perfect Timing

"What's going on? Why is the alarm going off?" I panicked. Almost dropping the necklace.

"Dang! They must have had an alarm set to go off it the gem was moved! We have to go!" White yelled. I held the necklace tight in my hand as I ran to him. He turned around, "let's go!"

We bolted out of the room and into the hallway, avoiding stepping on the unconscious gargoyle guards.

As we left the Dungeon behind us as emerged into the castle itself, we were greeted with twenty gargoyles.

"Uh... White...?" I asked nervously.

White snapped his fingers and half the gargoyles dropped unconscious. He threw a kick with his spiked leg but it just bounced off the soldiers.

"Ugh. Why did they have to be made of stone." White grinned grimly. "Alright then. We'll just have to... Fly!"

He wrapped his arms around my stomach and lifted up until his head scraped on the ceiling.

"You can let me go, I can manage myself!" I wriggled out of White's grasp and Bill took over, steadying ourselves in the air as we kept our speed with White.

"H-Humans can fly?" White gasped.

"Nope! Just us!" Bill grinned.

"Us?"

"Is now really the time to question my abilities?"

White cleared his throat. "Ah. Yes. Of course. Follow me."

He shot like a bullet through the many passageways and mazes of the castle while Bill and I struggled to keep up. It was terrifying enough being chased by guards and demons and guard demons. But flying was an extremely difficult task for me - mostly due to my fear of heights.

But then, just as we were nearing the exit, we were stopped by at least one hundred gargoyles, all guarding the heavy double door entrance.

"Oh we are dead. We are so dead." I whispered. I lost concentration and fell a few feet before Bill steadied us.

I was shaking badly. This was it. It was over. Did they have the death penalty in the Nightmare Realm? Stupid question. Even if they didn't no doubt stealing something belonging to one of the rulers of the Nightmare Realm would end in death.

"Quick boy. Give me the gem." White whispered.

"The what?" I asked.

"The necklace boy! Give it to me now! Its time for me to get my end of the bargain!"

"Is now really the right time?"

"Attention thieves! Drop the Gem now or suffer death at the hands of Gehenna!" One gargoyle snarled.

I hastily handed the jewel to White. He held it between his two spikes and muttered something under his breath. He glowed gold for a second. But then the light died and he handed it back to me.

"What did you wish for?" I asked hopefully.

"And why should I tell you? The deal is over. I have my wish. Goodbye." White chuckled and teleported. Teleported? That was impossible! How could he have done without a teleportation Circle?

He could have asked for ultimate power.

"If he made a wish. Then I could make one too..." I whispered to myself. I held the gem in my hands and held it to my chest.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Came a voice behind me.

I froze. Slowly lowering myself to the ground. As my feet touched the floor I turned around and gulped.

Behind me, flanked by some of the biggest gargoyles I had ever seen, was a woman. She looked human. And beautiful, almost. She had long white-blond hair that reached the floor, and wore a white silk dress and had blue eyes with reptilian slits. She had two small black horns that poked from her head like a gazelle's, and a thin, forked tail swayed behind her.

"Well well. It looks like a human. But flies like a demon." The woman said. "Such a rare specimen. I'm glad that it wasn't any ordinary demon who tried to steal my wishes."

"G-Gehenna...?" I whispered.

"Yes, I am Gehenna, one of the six rulers of the Nightmare Realm. And you are a thief. Who tried to steal my most precious item. Tell me. How did you get past my spells?"

Six? Weren't there only five?

Excellent question...

"I... I..." I looked down at the gem.

"Don't even think of making a wish, flying human." Gehenna snapped. "I could kill you the half-second before the words leave your mouth. Now." She breathed in deeply and held out her hand.

"You are going to walk over here very slowly and give me back my necklace. Or I will kill you."

What do I do? What do I do?

I don't know! Just do what she says for now. If I ever see that bastard White again I'll tear him limb from limb!

I slowly took a step forwards. And then another. Slowly heading for the almighty Demoness.

"Faster." She said. Sounding annoyed.

"Are... Are you going to kill me?" I asked.

"Oh no dear. I'm just going to relieve you of your existence." Gehenna said sweetly. Like she was offering me a gift.

My hands shook. I was terrified. I didn't want to die. Not yet.

An image of Mabel showed in my mind. I couldn't help it. I regretted everything I had done. I wanted to see her again. One last time. I regretted taking her memories. Coming to this torturous dimension just to escape from her. I was such an idiot...

Wait. I felt dizzy. I was seeing nothing but blue light. What was happening?

Bill? What-what's going on?

Impossible... We're being summoned!

"No! Get him!" Gehenna screeched. There was a rush of sound like hurling wind. And then... And then...

"Kizemstro hetch Kizemstro hetch Kizemstro hetch Kizemstro hetch Kizemstro hetch Kizemstro hetch Kizemstro hetch Kizemstro hetch!"

And then I could see. But everything was black and white. We were in the mindscape. I was in a forest. Floating in the air. I held my head and blinked. My hand was black. But as soon as I realized it began to change into colour. And then... I looked down and saw the one person I loved more than anyone else in the multiverse. The one person who just moments ago I had wished to see more than anything.

"M-Mabel?"