Looking For Trouble

Pyra was staying at the Apothecary working, the rat-thing, Scalec was looking for information on the Castle in the sewers, leaving Bill and I to go looking for anything and everything regarding enchanted items.

Being Gehenna's castle, Bill reckoned there were bound to be at least ten security curses, charms and hexes alone.  And our job was to go searching in the so-called underbelly of the underworld to find it.

I don't like this. I complained for the billionth time.

So you've said.

I want to go back.

To where?

Anywhere! Earth! Home! Let's go back to the bunker or live like hermits in the mountains. I don't care! But I don't want to do this! I don't want to try to steal anything from anyone. Much less a royal demon Queen!

We can't go back to Earth Kid. Not until we're summoned. Fat chance of that. And besides. We left for a reason. Remember?

Yeah... Alcor...

It was a time neither of us liked discussing. 

What are we even looking for?

Let's find out. Bill pulled my cap down lower and turned left suddenly, straight into what looked like a dimly lit, medieval styled Tavern.

I had left my original Pine tree cap behind, and the one Bill wore now was an almost identical copy, aside from the coloring and symbol. Instead of a blue and white cap with a pine tree, this one was yellow and black, with a triangle symbol. Bill had snapped it into existence the day we got here. Seeming highly amused with it.

We had also gone back to simple clothing. A black shirt with black pants, with a black cloak to cover my body. Being seen as a human in the Nightmare realm was dangerous for us, so we had to hide as much of ourselves as possible.

I began panicking as Bill calmly walked past the round tables spread around the room. There were hundreds of demons here. Each one as ugly as the last. Every single one of them was staring at us. It was understandable. They were all at least four times the size of me.

A very fat, ugly demon stood out though. He, or it, looked like a brown humanoid toad in a suit. Sitting st the table with him were three identical demons. Snake heads attached to long necks and long bodies with long arms and legs and long tails, all fitted into three identical black trench coats. One was green skinned, one was red and one was yellow. The toad looked rich, like, mob boss rich. He looked a bit like Grunkle Stan if he had hit the big time. And was a frog.