Chapter 10- Save me, Love me, I'm so sorry

Hello again! I got to see Amelie this past Wednesday and it was amazing! The costumes, the props and set, the soundtrack, and the acting was awesome! Pippa was so cute in it as well. After the musical, I went to the stage door, and I got to meet her! She was SUCH A BEAN! She also messed up when she signed my playbill, so she had to sign it twice, which seems like something I would do. 

Now, number 2 (grab a friend. . .) I'm heading to robotics tomorrow for an international competition, and I'm super excited. So, maybe if you guys are lucky, you might get an extra chapter this week. 

Okay, lastly this chapter is dedicated to my friend W, who I have a special little note in here for ya BEAN

Okay, I'm done now! 

Laf's POV

A man talks on the phone, then hangs it up. Oh my god, I need to go help Maria. I drive as quick as I can, but when that's not fast enough, I pull over, park, and run to Central Park.

I see her red dress and black leather jacket being dragged by a large man. I run over to him, and punch him square in the jaw.

"Maria? Are you okay?" No answer.

Maria's POV

I wake up in a strange room. The walls are painted a light cream. Everything hurts. I sit up, and instantly, I'm flooded with regret.

I hurt Liza. I ruined our relashionship. I ruined everything. I think about her, blinking back tears. I look around for my backpack, but it isn't in the room.

Oh God! Where is it? Where am I?

Suddenly, the doorknob twists open, and I pretend I'm asleep again.

"Laf, did you call Eliza yet?" I hear Hercules's voice ask.

"Non. Maria told me she and Eliza got into a fight, and that Eliza was very mad," Laf says glumly.

"I'll go call her. Do you want to wake Maria up?" Herc asks.

"Oui." I hear Herc leave, then Laf says to me, "Maria, you can quit fake sleeping. You are safe."

I open my eyes, and look up at the Frenchman. "Thank you," I whisper. Without Laf I would surely be dead. . . Or worse. . .

I stand up and hug him tightly. Tears dribble out of my eyes. I don't deserve this kindness.

"De rien, Maria. (You're welcome)" I hug him tighter.

"Hey, dry those tears. I'm sure Eliza will be very happy when she hears that you're okay," he says, wiping away my tears.

My heart sinks. Eliza. "No," I whisper. "You can't call her. She hates me. . . I. . . I'm a slut. . . She hates me for that."

"What? Maria, why would you say that?" Laf asks me.

"B-B-Because, a few years ago, James got me pregnant, and I kept the ultrasound, even after he killed the baby, and she found it, and now she hates me," I cry. God, I'm so pathetic. . .

Laf's about to say something, when Herc comes in. "Liza said she'd be over in ten."

"Oh! Maria! You're up! How are you feeling?"

I shrug my shoulders.

"Well, there's food in the kitchen if you want some," he says, giving me a smile. "And your backpack is in the hallway."

"Thank you," I say to both of them. "You are such amazing friends. I've, uh, never really had friends before."

"Don't mention it," Herc says, wrapping his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into a hug. He ruffles my hair in a playful manner, then says, "Go eat."