Chapter 4- Moving in, but not on

I'm baaack! I don't really have anything to say, so onto the chapter. 

Tw- abuse mentions, pill mentions, some suggestive stuff (sorta), me not knowing ANYTHING about football (like at all) 

Maria's  POV

I pull away slowly from Eliza, breathless and helpless. Her cheeks are tinted a bright pink and she's smiling brightly. 

"Feel better now?" she asks, her voice so quiet I almost don't hear her. 

"M-Much," I whisper, standing up with her. I must be as red as a tomato, but I really don't care. Eliza's so amazingly . . . Amazing. She takes my hand in hers as we walk into the elevator, and my heart instantly speeds up. But, for once, it's because I feel butterflies of happiness, not fear.

The elevator rides up to the penthouse level, and even though I've seen it many times before, I still can't believe how amazing her apartment is. She opens the door for me, and we walk into the beautiful living room. It has a beautiful white furry rug, with a lavender couch and two matching chairs. They have shadow boxes filled with pink, yellow, and light blue glitter. The walls are painted with swirls painted different shades of pink, yellow, and blue. 

"We have a guest room, but it's not really set up," Eliza says, rubbing her arm. 

"I'm sure it'll be great," I say quietly. Her idea of horrible would probably be my level of luxury.

We walk into a large room, the walls painted a light mint, with mint dream catcher bedding, everything uniform. Fairy lights hang from the ceiling, casting a beautiful twinkle across the room. I have an amazing view of the sky and the city from the window. 

"Wow," I whisper, my mouth dropping open slightly. "Where should I put my stuff?" 

"You can put them in the drawers or closet, or whatever. We can go out and get some stuff tomorrow," Eliza says, giving me a soft smile. 

"I can't afford anything. I haven't really had enough to buy new close for a few years. James would always take my money so I could never leave." 

I see the empathy flash through Eliza's eyes, and she says, "It doesn't matter. I'll buy the stuff for you." 

"I-I can't accept that," I whisper. "It's way to much. . . I don't deserve that. . ."

"Yes you do. And it's fine. I want to do something nice for you." 

I turn bright red, and thank her quietly. 

"I'll be in my room, down the hall if you need anything. Peggy's sick, and I think Angie is going out to see Jefferson. I'll be making dinner in a few hours," Eliza says, biting her lip, and giving me a soft smile.

"Okay. Thank you so much." 

"Don't mention it," she says giving me a soft smile, before walking out the door. 

I unzip my backpack and take out the few clothes I have. I place them in some of the drawer, and put some dresses and shoes in the closet. I then change into a pair of sweatpants and an oversized T-shirt. I brush out my hair, and think about taking my makeup off, but then remember the words James would say to me far too often. 

"You're so disgusting without make up," he growls, hitting me across the face, leaving a large red mark. I stumble back, but don't fall. That's worse. It means that he'll hit me again. "If I ever see you without makeup again, I'll kill you. That's how disgusting you look. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Do you understand me?" He words are icy and cold. I nod my head just before he slaps me again.