Chapter 2- Keep it in your pants Alex

Um. . . I'm back? Like what? I'm actually writing again and not just stopping after the first chapter? (Groffsauce voice) Awesome, Wow! I'm going to try to write this before I publish everything, so yeah. Onto the chapter. 

Tw- sorta people not okay with gayness, abuse, and rape

Eliza's POV

After Maria came over telling me that she slept with Alex last night, I had to see if this was true. Maria wouldn't lie to me, but I don't think she would just sleep with Alex either. I don't know what to think anymore. I fiddle with the ring on my finger, a sign of Alex's love. 

My heart beats fast as I get into my car and drive to Alex's apartment. When I get there, I get out the spare key he gave me, and unlock the door. Loud moans drift from the Alexander's bedroom, and my blood runs cold. Alex does have a roommate, Burr, but he's off visiting family for the month. I nervously walk into the hallway by Alex's bedroom door, where the moans grow louder and louder. I blink back tears. But, I don't know anything for sure. 

It might be his friend using his bed for some weird reason, I mentally try to reason. Or, he could be just be doing something by himself. Yet, I'm too logical to accept either theory. I push open the door to find a naked Alex and John Laurens in bed together. 

I gasp loudly, a tear slipping down my cheek, and they turn around looking at me with a look of shock and horror on their faces. Alex throws a blanket over their bodies, and attempts to stutter out something to make this situation better. 

"You bastard! First with my best friend, then yours? Put on some pants and meet me in the living room," I yell. Before I turn to leave, I throw the ring he gave me at him and hiss, "Why would you give me this if you never wanted me?" 

I stomp off into the living room, and fall onto the couch. I run my hand against the smooth black leather. This was the couch where Alex and I first kissed. We walked home from class together, Alex incredibly nervous and awkward. I later found out it was because he wanted to ask me out but was worried I'd reject him. 

While Alex gets changed, I think about Maria. Not about her sleeping with Alex, but about how she kissed me. Her lips felt so amazing, and it made me feel a certain spark inside my body. A spark that I never felt with Alex. This was different. That single kiss made me want so much more. It made me long to tell Maria that it didn't matterthat she slept with Alex. That nothing would matter as long as she was mine. I wanted to make her mine. But I have no clue how to do that.

Alex walks in, John in tow, who's looking down, biting his lip, and is holding Alex's hand. 

"I'm so sorry Liza," Alex says quietly.

"Don't call me Liza. And I don't want to hear it," I say jealously, and motion for them to sit on the couch. "Before I get to you and John, what about Maria?" My words are full of fury and hatred.

"Maria?" John asks, and Alex looks at him nervously, nodding his head. 

"Why did you sleep with her?" I ask. "I thought you loved me."

He takes a deep breath, and John squeezes his hand, lovingly. He used to do that to me. "Charles Lee came around. He found me kissing John. Went off at me about being a faggot. I thought about my dad. When he was with my family, he found me kissing a boy. I was only eight or nine. You know that he left when I was ten. He yelled at me, broke my arm and gave me a concussion. Ever since then, I've tried to push away the feelings that I was gay. I went out with you, trying to push away my feelings for John until last month. I couldn't hold it back anymore. I thought I loved you Liza, but I just liked you as a friend. But when Lee came, I knew I couldn't be with a guy. The back of my mind was telling me that my father would hate me even more if I dated a guy. I've always felt that's why he left. Because I liked guys."

Alex takes a deep breath and continues, "So, I proposed to you in hopes of trying to realize that I'm as heterosexual Trump. But after, we, uh, you know, celebrated, I was still having intense feelings for John. I went over to his place, we went out on a date, I told him I proposed to you. After I left the date, I ran into Maria at the grocery store. She was wearing a really short and tight fitting dress. I knew I was supposed to like that. I'm a guy. Guys are supposed to like the sex appeal that she was radiating. She asked if I wanted to go back to her place, and have some fun. I didn't resist. She brought me to a hotel, and we had sex. I left immediately afterwards. I didn't feel anything. All I could think about was how I was hurting you and John."

"Did you notice her bruises?" I ask. 

"What?" 

"The bruises on her legs! My God, Alexander! You had sex with the poor woman, and you didn't know the signs of abuse!" 

"What?" 

"James made her lure you. He's probably going to exploit you, or something. I cant believe you. I'm not mad that your gay. I'm only a little mad that you loved John while you were dating me. But, I am furious, absolutely furious, that you had sex with Maria and didn't realize she was being abused. That girl wants someone to love and someone to love her, and you looked like you were willing to love her. But instead, you ignored her cries for help, you left her the next morning, and she had to go back to her jackass boyfriend, who probably beat her up. But she had at least a shred of decency to come and tell me that you cheated on me. When were you going to tell me, Alex? When were you going to tell me that you were in love in John. Would you wait until we were married for twenty years with three kids, before telling me you were going to leave me for a man. Or were you going to just go on with marrying me and date John throughout the whole marriage?" 

Alex looks down at his feet. "James was going to try to extort me?" 

"That's all you get from this conversation? God, Alex. . . Don't call me. . . Bye John." 

I make my way back to the apartment I share with my sisters. I go to my room, and curl up on my bed, crying slightly. I start to change, but stop halfway through, not wanting to do anything else except cry. I can only think about poor Maria. I want to go talk to her, but she probably won't want to see me. I just go on my phone and endlessly scroll through Tumblr. 

After a few hours, I hear the door slam open. Angelica is yelling for me. "Liza, you need to come with me, now! It's Maria, I'll explain in the car." 

I instantly run downstairs, oblivious to the fact that I'm only wearing a bra and a pair of sweatpants. 

Angelica looks at me, and quirks an eyebrow. 

"If its James, I don't care. I need to get to Maria." 

"Whatever, I've got clothes in the car. I just need to help Maria." 

We file into the car and I look around for clothes, as Angie speeds down to Maria's apartment. I find a bright pink crop top. 

"Ewww. . . Angie, this reeks of sex," I complain. 

"Hey. I really like Jefferson. I can't be responsible for anything that you find in my car." 

"Ew! Ew! Ew!" I say dropping the shirt. "I'll just go shirtless. I don't want to wear something that has come in contact with you and Jefferson doing the do." I fake gag, but my heart is pounding despite the playful banter. I hope Maria's okay. 

When we get to Maria's apartment, I ignore the stares coming from the icky men around me. They whistle and holler at me but I pay no attention. I run up to Maria's door, and pray that the door's unlocked. It's not. . . Crap. Angie turns to me, and says, "I've got this." She grabs a bobby pin from her hair, and pick the lock.

 "How the hell do you know how to do that?" I ask. 

She shrugs and says, "Jefferson taught me."

She opens the door after the lock clicks, and rushes in, me following right behind. 

I see Maria on the couch, passed out and naked, with James hovering over her. 

"Get away from her!" I scream, hitting him. I push him to the ground, and sit on his chest to stop him from hurting Maria any further. He hits me hard, but I fight back. Angie is calling 911. I just have to keep Maria safe from this jackass until the cops get here.

Word count- 1,500! Wow! I hope you enjoyed. Until next time. 

Xoxoxo

-BellaLovesNutella