Chapter 27

Splinters P.O.V.

We were at the lair. Leonardo was pacing the floor. Larota was sitting on the couch rapidly tapping her foot. Venus was in a meditating stance in the middle of the floor. Michelangelo and Amoly were sitting at the table holding hands. I was standing next to Venus.

"We need to make a plan."

Larota said as she stood. Looking at Leonardo like she was about to blow. I sigh. Leaving Leonardo to take care of this.

"What do you think I'm doing Larota?"

"I think your just pacing back and forth taking your sweet old time to do something about this!"

Leonardo just stops. He looks at her. His buttons were finally pushed.

"Taking my time? Taking my time?! I don't see you trying to come up with a plan to save your precious Raphael! So leave me alone if you're not going to do anything about this!"

"No! You're supposed to be the leader! You need to do something now!"

I can see Leonardo's last button being pressed.

"JUST BECAUSE I'M THE LEADER DOESN'T MEAN A THING! SO I SUGGEST YOU LEAVE ME ALONE!"

He storms off to the dojo. I sigh. Larota goes to go after him to yell even more. I put a hand on her shoulder and shake my head.

"Making him angry is not the wisest decision. The only way to save your sister and the one you love along with hers is through patience. Sometimes it takes a group effort to do certain things."

She looks down at the floor.

"I'm sorry sensi. I just...I just want them to be safe. Talena's been sick all day and I don't want her to get worse."

"Do not worry child. In time they will be back in our house. Smiling and laughing. But if you let this get to you, they will be in even more danger."

"Yes sensi."

She then sits down on the floor and mimics what her sister was doing to meditate.

I look over to see that Venus had followed Leonardo. Knowing those two, she will talk to him and he will calm down. I decided to go to the dojo. When I get there I see Leonardo training by himself while Venus watches with her arms crossed.

"Leo you just need to calm down."

"Calm down! She is just like Raph! Thinking because I'm the leader that I need to come up with the plans."

His moves are swift but filled with anger. He does not make eye contact with her while he speaks.

"That's why you should always have a good a newer for everything like Splinter. Even when's he's angry he's calm and takes care of the matter without raising his voice."

He stops. His back facing her. She slowly takes steps towards him.

"The reason why he chose you to be leader is because of that reason. Yes, you won't be perfect all the time, but we still need someone to lead. Someone to guide us. He saw something in you hat your brothers didn't."

"And what's that?"

Venus has him face her as she answers his question.

"Someone who really is without fear. Someone who sees through every situation. Someone who can do things even he thinks is impossible."

He looks at her. They share a smile. He grabs a hold of her hand and pulls her towards him.

"Man, I love you."

She giggles. He kisses her. I chuckle to myself before before going back to the living room. I then notice that Larota moved towards the middle of the room just like Venus. She seemed calm. Focussed. I was curious on why she would meditate even when she talks bad about it. I sit across from her and watch her. Waiting for when she is finished.