I just stared into the depths of the room, not even seeing what was in front of me. Visions of my old life flashed beyond my eyes and I had to force back a sob when pain flashed through my heart. Letting out a sigh, I ran both hands through my hair and wished for some miracle to take the pain away.

I'm always screaming my lungs out 'til my head starts spinning

Playing my songs is the way I cope with life

Won't keep my voice down

Know the words I speak are the thoughts I think out loud

I like to keep things honest

I'm a safe bet like your life's staked on it, for real

I'd hate to keep you all wondering

I'm constant like the seasons, I will never be forgotten man

Let's leave no words unspoken

And save regrets for the broken

Will you even look back when you think of me?

All I want is a place to call my own

To mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone

Whoa, you know to keep your hopes up high

And your head down low

Keep your hopes up high and your head down low

‘Ally?’

I swerved to my left quickly to see Seth hovering by my doorway and looking at me with a confused expression on his face. He noticed that I was still standing by my room and his eyes roamed my face as if he was trying to read whatever emotion that I had buried deep inside me. Something flashed onto his face, passing to his eyes but they dissolved as quickly as they arrived.

‘That song you were singing…’ he trailed off.

‘A Day to Remember,’ I replied him quietly and watched him with a hooded expression plastered on my face. Pressing two fingers on the throbbing vein above my right eyebrow, I made my way towards the bed and sank onto it gratefully. I have never felt so tired before in my entire life and I could feel the tiredness grabbing at the edges of my eyes, trying to lull me to sleep.

‘Your voice is amazing,’ he said quietly, his raspy voice cutting into the edges of my vision which made me look up at him in confusion. He was still holding onto his acoustic, the guitar itself was on his back which made him look like he couldn’t live without that thing at all. He had shoved both his hands into the pockets of his jeans as he spoke.

I let out a yawn suddenly, stretching my tired body as I tried fighting the clutches of sleep at the edges of my eyes. ‘Thanks Seth,’ I answered him with a small and weary smile. ‘Spit it out dude, I promise I won’t bite you or anything.’

He smirked at my tone and leaned against the door frame as if finding the right words to say to me. He cleared his throat for a moment and frowned slightly before he spoke. ‘We’re finding a lead singer and I’m wondering if you want to-you know-join our band?’ he asked me quite hesitantly.

I stared at him incredulously. I didn’t even know if that’s a dream or if I’m still awake. Seth was asking me to join his band? That’s not possible. ‘Aren’t you the lead singer?,’ I asked him hesitantly with a slight frown on my face, wondering what on earth was happening and why he was asking me to join his band.

‘My voice is taking a toll and I can’t always sing lead, come on Ally just once please? You can come down to our usual jamming studio and see how it turns out,’ Seth pleaded at me and turned his puppy eyes look on me, his gaze smouldering at me. ‘Please Ally? If you feel like bailing out, I won’t put up a fight.’