Chapter 20: Agreeable

After spending some time with Uncle Raph yesterday we came home and passed out in our rooms. Now I was staring at the ceiling throwing a bouncy ball at it, watching it try to hit me in the face. I would let it but my ninja skills were too fast.

As I throw the ball at my ceiling once more I hear voices outside. Sounded like Dad and my Uncles. I sighed and plug my earbuds in, blasting music into my ears. I didn't want anything to do with what they were talking about.

Leo's POV

"Something is up with her Leo. She hasn't been talking and she just locks herself in her room. I even took her out yesterday through the sewers and she didn't act like her old self." Raph explains to me. We all we're on the couch and my brothers were reporting a bunch of things Mia had been doing.

I honestly didn't know what was wrong with her either.

"I will talk to her. Just go back to what you were doing." I say. My brothers look at each other a little worriedly but walk off to do their own things.

I get up front he couch and walk to Mia's room. Knocking I speak, "Mia it's me Princess. Can I come in?"

No response.

I hear the faint noise of music and knock louder. Hearing scrambling and the pause of music, she runs to the door.

Mia looks out the small crack in the door, her light pink eyes filled with a dullness I couldn't understand and a tired look on her face. She peeks out the door and sighs, "Yeah?" She asks.

Smiling lightly I gesture out the door, "Wanna go for a walk with me?" I ask gently. Her eyes glaze over a little bit as she thinks and she sighs again.

"Alright let me go get something though."

Nodding I wait patiently as her door shuts and noises continue. Soon she comes out with a black hoodie and her iPod. As she tucks the iPod in her pocket I notice some bandages like mine on her wrists.

"When did you start wearing bandages? Did you injure yourself?" I ask. She flinches a little and stutters an explanation,

"N-no just wanted to look cool like all my Uncles and you."

I felt like it was a lie but I shrugged it off and nodded. "Okay, let's go then."

We walked in silence down the sewers and Mia kicked rocks from time to time but I just studied her every move. Raph was right she wasn't like her normal self.

No smiles or laughs not even a glance in my direction. She just stared blankly at the floor.

And I noticed she kept fiddling with the bandages on her wrist, itching them or even twisting the ends of the bandages. 

"Here let me help put the bandages on." I say reaching out to help her, thinking they were loose and bothering her or even too tight.

She instantly pulls her wrist back and shakes her head frantically. "No, you can't... they're fine."

I look at her quizzically but notice a small red dot on her wrist. "Woah, are you bleeding? I'm so sorry princess did I hurt you?" I ask worriedly.

She looks at her wrist and her face turns a lighter shade of green. "No, probably from the fruit punch I drank earlier." She says

The red dot seemed bigger then before and she quickly tucks her hands in her sweatshirt pocket.

Something was definitely up.

Mia's POV

They're getting too close. WAY too close to my secret.

I could feel the reopened wound seeping blood into the bandages. My hands were tucked in my sweatshirt pocket so it was better to hide. But I couldn't stop my heart from racing.

Dad glanced at me once more and I stop in my tracks. "Why are you guys so eager? What do you want to know?" I growl.

My dad stops walking and looks at me with a worried expression. "You just haven't been yourself lately. You don't smile, laugh or come out of your room. So me being your father I want to know what's wrong so I can help you,"

I clench my fists in my sweatshirt, but before I can say anything he continues. "Plus ever since you were little and became MY daughter I wanted nothing but happiness and safety for you. It's why I have my special nickname for you. Your my Princess. My beautiful, funny, talented, kind and strong Princess. And I would be nothing without you. So to see you not smiling or even laughing makes me worried." He says looking straight into my eyes.

His light blue eyes held everything he just said, love and worry were all behind them.

I sigh, "I'm just tired and stressed." I say quickly, masking it up. It was the best excuse I could come up with besides 'Hey Dad, I'm depressed and think our kind looks like monsters. And I also cut.' Yeah that didn't seem like the most appropriate saying.

Besides my problems were mine. And mine alone. No one else had to get involved.

My dad sighs and puts his hands on his hips while pacing in a circle.

And I stood there, hands in my hoodie waiting. But as I was waiting I heard a loud 'CLANK' down a sewer tunnel. My Dad seemed to hear it too cause he instantly rushed over and pulled me behind him while getting his Katanas out.

Last thing I remember was my Dad calling my name and darkness surrounding me.