Chapter 5: A Big Surprise

Leo's POV

The warmth of soft cloth surrounded me as I smiled and felt around for Mia. The spot where she later was cold.

I jolted up and looked around to see the door open. "Mia?" I call out. Looking at the time I saw it as 5 am.

Why was she up this early?

I groaned and got out of bed, making my way to the kitchen.

Mia wasn't in the living room or in my other brothers bedrooms. And their doors were closed. But knowing Donnie he was asleep in the lab again.

The smell of eggs and bacon wafted to my nose and I smiled as I saw Mia sitting with Donnie, making breakfast.

"Don't touch the pan Mia or else you'll get an 'owie' " he says as Mia watches intensely. She nods as she sits in the highchair. "Dadee still asweep wight?" She asks. Donnie flips an egg and mumbles a yes. "He should be." Donnie replies.

My eyes widen at what Mia was trying to do and I quickly make my way back to my room. I didn't want to ruin her plan.

So I pull the covers over me and pretend to be asleep.

Soon enough I hear footsteps coming to the door. And the smell of bacon and eggs waft up to my nose. I hear a small giggle coming from Mia and feel Donnie set her on the bed.

"Dadee, Dadee ake up." She says crawling to me. I slowly open one eye and see her smiling at me. "Good morning Princess why you up before me?" I ask while kissing her forehead.

She giggles and points to Donnie. "She wanted to make breakfast for you so she crawled out of your room as I was getting up," He explains while setting the tray on my nightstand. "She's getting smarter." He continues.

I nod and look at Mia. "Thank you Princess, wanna help me eat it? I would love to eat breakfast with you." I say. Donnie just chuckles and walks out.

Mia giggles and nods while I set the tray in my lap and she lays with me. We slowly eat the food, (she mostly eats the applesauce) and drink the juice.

Soon we finish and I set the tray on my nightstand. "That was great, thank you Princess." I say kissing her forehead.

She smiles and kisses my cheek. "Welcome Dadee!" She says excitedly.

I chuckle and pick her up taking her to the living room.

"What should we do today Princess? Daddy has the whole day off." I say setting her on the couch.

She looks around and gestures to my skateboard on the floor. "That." She says pointing to it. I chuckle.

"Princess I don't think your old enough for that yet."

She looks at me with puppy dog eyes and I sigh. "Alright fine but if you get hurt you are not going to do it until your 10. Got it?" I ask.

She smiles and nods happily. So I smile and pick her up while taking my skate board with me.

Soon after getting some pads and helmet from April we find a good place to practice in an open sewer drain.

"Alright so today you'll watch for a bit and hopefully I can take you for a ride on my shell." I say setting her down she nods and smiles. Smiling back I set my board down and start my ride.

All the while of doing tricks I kept a watchful eye on Mia. And she watched with amazement as I performed trick after trick.

She seemed interested. I'd have to start teaching her when she got old enough.