Chapter 4: Being Babysat

As much as I hated it I had to leave on patrol. And Mia was too young to go up above yet, so it meant Master Splinter had to watch Mia while I was gone. And I couldn't stand the thought of not being with my princess.

"Alright Mia, Daddy has to go on patrol. So your gonna spend some time with Grandpa okay?" I say holding her. She giggles and plays with the tails of my mask. I chuckle and set her on the floor next to Master Splinter.

She whimpered and held her arms up for me to hold her. "I'm sorry Princess I gotta go. But I'll be back and maybe with a little present." I say kissing her on the forehead before jumping over the rails and following my brothers.

Mia's POV

"Dadee!" I say trying to follow him but just fall on my hands.

I whimper as he disappears.

Grandpa picks me up and takes me to the kitchen. "How about some food little one?" He asked pulling out something yellowish from the cupboard. Daddy usually fed me but I was hungry.

"Eat pwease." I say holding my hands out. Uncle Don started reading to me and I learned a bunch of new words.

I heard him talking to Daddy about mutant turtles being able to learn quickly. Which made no sense to me.

He takes the plastic off and puts a spoon in it before setting me in a high chair.

He holds a spoonful of the yellow stuff up to me and I look at it disgusted. "It's called applesauce. You can't eat anything solid yet so this is close to liquid and solid." He says.

I reluctantly take the spoonful into my mouth and swallow. It was sweet and tangy. I loved it.

Leo's POV

Patrol was finally over and now I was looking for a gift on my way home for Mia. As I'm jumping over a rooftop I hear a frustrated growl. I peek down and see a teenage girl throw a fluffy stuffed goat out the window. "I can't believe he thinks he can get me back!" She yells frustratedly into a phone. "I know! After all my father's done I'm not going to accept a stuffed goat and call it good!" She says again shutting the window.

I hop down and pick up the goat, feeling sorry for the girl and her father. On the bright side it was brand new and perfect for Mia.

So I raced back down to the sewers and ran to the lair. Finding Mia and Master Splinter playing in the living room. As I jump over the rails Mia turns to me and smiles.

"Dadee!" She says. I smile and pick her up with her giggling.

"Guess what I got on the way home?" I say keeping the goat hidden behind me. Mia looks at me fascinated. "Wat Dadee?" She asks.

"A stuffed goat all for my Princess." I say sitting on the couch and handing her the animal.

She squeals and hugs it tight before hugging me. "Tabk you Dadee!" She says. I was so proud of Mia. Donnie had said since the Mutagen enhances people when they get mutated Mia would learn faster. So Donnie is reading books to her and she's learning new words. They are a small selection of words but it's still good.

She knows please, eat, thank you, what and Daddy.

And to be honest I was one proud father.

"Your welcome Princess.." I say hugging her back.

**Time Skip**

"Mia it's time to go to bed." I say as I walk into the living room. Mikey quickly shoved some toys behind him as Mia laughed.

I glare at him. "You played with her? Mikey now she's not gonna go to bed!" I say picking her up. Mikey laughs sheepishly and shrugs his shoulders.

"Your so dead once I get her to sleep!" I whisper to him. His eyes widen and he runs to the Dojo.

I turn back to Mia and smile. "Alright let's go to bed Mia." I say to her.

She giggles as I bring her to my room. I set her down in her crib and try rocking her to sleep or just sitting and waiting for her to fall asleep.

She didn't.

She giggled, rocked back on her back and played with her blanket. At this point I wanted to punch Mikey so hard.

"Princess, can you go to sleep for Daddy?" I ask picking her up. She smiles.

"Dada!"

I sigh and lay down on my bed with her with me.

She lays there on my plastron and I pull the covers over us, making a small blanket of warmth around her and me while we huddled with all my pillows in the corner.

"Dadee?" Mia whispers up to me. I look down at her smiling. "Yes princess?" I ask.

"Sweep Can't. You sing." She says looking at me with her puppy eyes.

I was sorta shocked by her new words and wanting me to sing.

Thinking for a bit, I sigh. "Alright Princess."

She smiled and snuggles up to me with her goat. I take a breath and clear my throat.

"Lavenders blue, dilly dilly, lavenders green. When I am king dilly dilly, you will be queen."

After finishing the song I looked down to Mia, her eyes were closed and her breathing slowed. Kissing her on the forehead I feel my eyes get heavy as I lay with her. "Sweet Dreams my Princess..."