Chapter 14: A New Love

Mia's POV

Daddy was training in the Dojo right now so I was playing with Titch. "Titch! Fetch!" I say throwing a ball.

Titch runs after it and runs back setting the ball in his bed and laying down. "Guess your tired now huh?" I say patting his head. I sigh and look at my board in the corner.

"Daddy won't mind, I'm won't go that far.."

So I grabbed my board and jumped over the rails to the lair, running down to the good skating spot.

Leo's POV

Finally done with training I sigh and wipe some sweat off my forehead. I was eager to let Mia meet someone special today.

While on patrol a while ago I found another mutant. A girl to be exact.

She had been hit with mutagen while playing with her pet rabbit.

Turning her into a human with rabbit ears, a tail and the abilities to jump really high and run fast.

And after we kinda got together.

This was about a month ago too. So I thought Mia could finally meet her.

But as I went to the living room I found Mia no where to be found. "Mia? Where are you?" I called out.

No response.

Seeing her board not in her corner I sigh. She should have asked before going out.

"Guy's I'll be back if Kayla comes in tell her I'm so sorry and I'll be here as soon as possible." I tell my brothers.

Raph mumbles a yes as he punches his bag, Donnie nods and Mikey just plays video games.

So after grabbing my board I run down the subway tracks to the skating spot Mia and me always go to.

Mia's POV

The music blared in my ears and I jumped over a pipe steering around the skating spot. As I'm about to jump again someone grabs my shell and stops my board. I pull one earbud out and my Dad glares at me.

"Hehe, hi Daddy.." I mumble with a sheepish smile.

"And what are you doing out of the lair without my permission?" He asks crossing his arms. I rub the back of my neck.

"Skating?" I ask nervously.

"Mia you know how I feel about you going out of the lair. And you also knew that a guest was coming over." He says sternly. I look to the ground and shift my feet.

"I'm guessing sorry isn't gonna cut it?" I ask. He nods and snatches my board.

"I don't want to do this but your grounded from skating for 2 days. Understand?" He asks.

My eyes widen. "But Dad!"

"No buts, now come on we need to go back to the lair." He says gesturing for me to follow.

I growl and follow. My brain was swirling with contained anger and I knew it was bad. What I had done needed to go punished but I still couldn't stop myself from thinking that Daddy didn't love me as he said.

Leo's POV

She was fuming. I could feel her anger radiating off to me. She mostly stared at the ground on the way back with clenched fists by her sides.

Was 2 days too harsh? Or was it a good amount?

I sigh and jump over the rails as we reached the lair. Mia jumped over as well but went straight to her room. Not even acknowledging Kayla.

Kayla smiled at me and gestured to the door that just slammed. "So is that your daughter?" She asks.

I sigh and nod. "Uh-oh what'd she do?" Raph asks walking over to us. I sigh and growl a little.

"I grounded her from skating for 2 days cause she left the lair without permission. Now she's mad at me." I say. Kayla smiles at me and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"It seems like a reasonable punishment. She'll get over it in a bit. Until then let's all catch up win each other." She says. Her brown ears twitching.

I knew she didn't like loud sounds cause her ears were so sensitive. So the door Mia slammed must have caused some pain to her.

I growled again and started walking to her room. "I'll be back.." I say to them.

Mia's POV

I could hear voices out in the living room. One was calm and sweet the other was stressed and tired. Then Uncle Raph spoke.

I groaned and shoved a pillow over my head. What I had done was probably out of line. Slamming the door and all. And no doubt about it Dad was gonna come in yelling.

So I braced myself and pushed all my comics, toys and other things into a box sitting it near the door. And then I waited.

Sure enough angry footsteps came pounding down the hallway. I sat on my bed calm and ready.

The door opened and shut behind my dad as he walked in. His face was contorted with anger and I just stared at him. He pointed to the box. "What's this?" He asks with a little anger leaking out.

"My toys and comics. Take them I know you will as punishment for slamming the door." I say trying to mask my emotions with an uninterested tone.

But that seemed to make Dad even more mad. "Mia Blossom Hamato, what you did was unacceptable. You slammed a door, and ignored our guest. I'm taking your things and extending your punishment to 4 days." He hisses while picking up the box and walking out the door. Slamming it behind him.

"Hypocrite.." I mutter.

I sigh and lay back on the bed. Yep my theory had been confirmed. Dad loved that girl more then me. And it would never be the same.