7 || empty

Adrien slouched in the booth at the restaurant. Alya and Nino had practically dragged him out of the house. He still didn't want to be there. Adrien was still sad.

Nino sat right next to him as he sipped soda from a blue cup. He passed Adrien his drink with a straw and smile. Adrien politely smiled back. Alya threw napkins down on the table as she settled into her usual spot in front of Nino. Adrien was forced to stare at the empty space that was once Marinette's.

If he had an appetite he would have lost it as the sense of dread dragged him down. Adrien wasn't hungry. He was tired and sad. Alya and Nino were talking about the college they had both applied to. Adrien had let his father decide which college he should go to. He wanted more than anything to forget the memories about a girl he once loved.

The pizza came soon after. Adrien forced himself to eat so he could make his friends happy. Some part of him was glad that they had brought him. Some part of him felt like he was intruding.

Adrien walked home, complaining about a headache. Alya had scolded him about his diet before letting him go. He just wanted to read Marinette's diary. Once he got home he unfolded the first paper that was shoved into the book. He read the words carefully.

Dear Ladybug,

I'm not hungry anymore. Everything hurts and I think that even my bones are tired. I need to keep fighting.

There's so much I have to live for.

Always,
Marinette.