Natural

"Yes, I'm meeting him soon. Sure, I'll force him to eat. Don't worry. I love you and see you soon. Bye."

She smiles as she places her phone down.

Right now she is waiting for someone in one of the cafés in Myungdong. There aren't many people there maybe because it's winter that people prefer to stay at home spending quality time with their families or maybe it's because it's not payday yet. Well regardless of the reason she is glad that it isn't crowded.

Christmas is around the corner so naturally they are playing songs that suit the season. She loves festive season because people seem much calmer and relax. Maybe it's only her but everyone looks so happy and cheerful. She loves to be surrounded by positivity.

She sips on her hot chocolate while her hand is busy doodling on a piece of card. It's an early Christmas present for a special someone. Just when she is putting her initials on it a bell chime can be heard. So she looks at the door and her smile grows wider as a familiar figure enters the café.

Placing her arms on the table and palms on her cheeks she watches as that particular person scans around the café before finally setting eyes on her. With a huge smile that person walks towards her. The presence still awes her every single time they meet and that's really a lot of time.

"May I sit here, Miss Kang Seulgi?" That person asks pointing to the seat opposite her.

"Sure, if you can give me a valid reason why you are twenty minutes late, Mr Park Jimin." She replies.

Then they both laugh. He, Park Jimin, slowly approaches her and gives her a soft peck on the lips. "My present for arriving late." Before he proceeds to sit at the seat earlier.

"Hmm. That's not a valid reason." Seulgi says although she feels like exploding from his gestures, which is something he does very often. "But okay. Your Chocolate Latte, luckily it's still hot." She offers him the coffee she ordered earlier.

"Thanks, baby."

Believe it or not, the next hour is spent in silence as they both are busy doing their own things. He plays some games on the phone while she finishes her doodles. Once in a while they will glance at each other before going back to their individual activities. That much is already hard to believe but what is even harder is it's their usual way of spending time with each other. They can choose to be sweet and cuddly, they can choose to tell their stories to update one another and they can choose to do so many other things but they just don't. Maybe some other times because there are plenty.

Their meetings are always fill with silence and occasional eye contacts. But they love it. To them being in each other's presence is already a huge blessing and it's not like they are busy with outside works. Just like what is happening now.

"Baby, look. I manage to beat all your opponents and place your name on top of the high score." Jimin gives her the phone.

She excitedly slides through it and thanks him happily forming her usual eye-smiles. As she exits the game application she stares at the phone and then gives him a judging look. "Honey, did you change my wallpaper?"

He sneers guiltily like a lost puppy. "I don't like your previous one."

"But that's my favourite picture of yours." She pouts sadly.

"I look better on the new one. More handsome. More cool. More mature. More-"

"Okay. Whatever." She gives up. "Here." She extends her hand to pass him the card she was doodling on earlier. "Your Christmas gift."

He looks at her questioningly. "This early?"

"Yes. Just because." She frowns. "I just wanna give it to you early since it's a special one."

He nods understandingly. Suddenly he starts rummaging his pocket. "Actually, the reason why I was late is-" He takes out a small box and places it on the table, "this!"

He opens the box to show a cute diamond teddy bear necklace inside. She gasps and immediately closes her mouth with her palms to stop her from squealing. "I have been wanting this. How do you know? I never mention it to you before." She is obviously impressed.

"You think I won't notice when you keep goggling at it whenever we passed by the store or when you were eyeing it on your phone before sleep?" She cutely giggles and scratches her not itchy head.

"Happy now? That's not your Christmas gift though." He states. "Anyway, what do I get here?" He takes the card that she gave and flips it open. He squints his eyes. "What—" He flashes her a disbelieve expression. "I—Is this--?"

"Yes, Jimin, yes. Why are you so surprised?" She rolls her eyes but at the same time blushes as indicated by her red cheeks. "Come on..Let's go home. I promised your mom that I will force you to eat. I don't wanna be a bad daughter-in-law, do I?"

As she is about to leave her chair, he immediately stands up and helps her. "Be careful. Let me hold your bag." He takes her hand with his while his other hand clutches her bag.

"Stop it. It's embarrassing." She softly voices out looking left and right. "I am just pregnant not sick. Oh my god." However, he stubbornly ignores her.

"Shhh.. Listen to your husband." He commands as they exit the café and walks to the car as slowly as possible much to Seulgi's disapproval which he pleasantly take no notice of of course. Jimin is serious in taking her safety and protection to a whole another level.

-fin-