Chapter 25 - Crybaby

Luffy stared in blank at the walls. He had no choice at this point. His nakama's were endangered. As much as he wanted to win Ace's Devil Fruit and keep it out of stranger's hands, he had no choice.

It was a little disappointing. He fought these entire rounds just for that prize and now he has to let it go. Maybe because he thought it was the only thing that reminded him of Ace. He was in no position to lie. He missed his brother more than anything in this world.

"But, Luffy-senpai, what about the Mera Mera no mi?" Bartolomeo asked him. "I want to keep it out of a few people's hands... But there's no choice! My nakama are in danger!" Luffy replied, sure of himself. Bartolomeo didn't need more than a few seconds to volunteer himself to win the Devil Fruit for Luffy.

Luffy almost sighed in relief as Bartolomeo suggested his offer. "Really?" Luffy asked with a sheer of excitement being heard. "Thank you!" Bartolomeo couldn't even face Luffy. He felt as if he was going to faint! His senpai probably considers him a friend now!

But just as that was said, the sounds of footsteps coming towards them made them pause. Out of the shadows, a human figure appeared. Because of his hat, his face couldn't really be seen. He had blonde hair and had a scar on his face. When he finally stopped, he had trouble containing his smile.

"I won't let you have the Mera Mera no Mi... Straw Hat Luffy." The guy said with a smirk on his face. Something about this guy seemed familiar to Luffy. He wasn't sure if he saw him earlier this day or somewhere else. Bartolomeo was attacked with many feelings once this stranger started to talk back to his senpai. Who does he even think he is anyway?

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Who the heck are you?! You can't talk to him so casually like that! He's the legendary pirate Ace-sama's brother and he will become the King of the Pirates one day, you idiot!" Bartolomeo said annoyed as he appeared in front of the stranger. The guy almost scoffed. He pushed Bartolomeo out of the way but accidentally made him fall on top of some crates.

"Hmm?" Luffy was slightly confused. Who was this person and how come he knows him?  "I've known that from a very long time." The guy replied to Bartolomeo who had a hard time standing back up. He took a step closer to Luffy, the smile on his face now being more visible than ever.

"Who the hell are you?" Luffy asked. "You can't just come here and say you won't let me have Ace's Devil Fruit! If you want it, you're my enemy!" He said angrily. Sabo could almost laugh right now. Maybe because he was so nervous that Luffy will be really mad at him for all those years.

"It me, Luffy." He said as he took his hat off. But Luffy couldn't recognize this person. "What do you mean 'it's me'? Listen up, the Mera Mera no Mi is a keepsake from Ace! And you called me Luffy... Look at this beard!" Luffy started to stretch his fake beard. "My name is Lucy!"

Sabo let out a small chuckle. "You think I can't recognize my own brother even if he is in a disguise?" Sabo asked. Luffy's brows furrowed. Who does this stranger think he is! "Brother? Listen, the only people who were allowed to call me that were my late brother Ace and a guy who died..." Slowly realization started to creep in Luffy's head.

Sabo's face became more clear to Luffy as slowly as he started to realize who this person that was standing in front of him was. Luffy gulped. There was no way! His brother Sabo died a long time ago! There's no way!

"SABO?!" Luffy yelped and took a few steps back out of shock. He immediately started to cry. He jumped directly into his arms and continued to cry and he probably suffocated Sabo. Once Sabo finally found a way to breathe again he looked at Luffy's face.

"I thought you died!" Luffy cried. "Thank you, Luffy. Thank you for remaining alive!" Sabo said with a relieved tone. "But Sabo, Ace died right in front of me!" Luffy continued to cry. "Yeah, I know. Even though Ace died, you survived and I'm grateful for that. I almost helplessly lost both of my brothers. If you died Luffy, I would've been left all alone."

But what the two of them did not notice was the shadow like figure walking with a fast pace towards them. The first one to notice it was Bartolomeo who for a second got his attention away from the two brothers.  The figure finally stepped into a sunshine and once it's hood accidentally fell down, Bartolomeo let out a big gasp.

"Still a crybaby I see." The figure said casually as he walked towards the two brothers. The two of them stopped and looked behind them. Their eyes widened immediately after seeing the person's face. If Sabo could control his crying all this time, he failed miserably once he met the stranger's eyes.

"ACE?!" Sabo and Luffy yelled. Everyone was shocked at this sudden appearance. "No way! You died!" Luffy yelled almost angrily. He thought this was a prank at this point or that he might be dreaming. Sabo didn't said anything and looked at Ace very intensely. "I promise it's me." Ace said as he took a step forward.

"I don't believe you!" Luffy replied as he tried to stop crying. "We stole Dadan's sake to become brothers." And that was they needed to jump on Ace. They couldn't believe it. Although they thought it was a dream at this point. How could he be alive!

"Acee!" Luffy cried in Ace's arms. Ace let out a chuckle and returned the hug. Sabo was standing awkwardly in front of them. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to say or do. When their eyes met, Ace started to cry. This surprised Sabo. "You idiot!" Ace yelled before dragging Sabo into the hug. All of them were crying.

After all these years, the three brothers were now finally reunited, just as they promised.

——————————————————

——————————————————

Awwe my heart!! I was so excited to write this part you guys don't even know.

Hope you enjoyed it!