Chapter 7 - Incounter

It has been 3 months since the Whitebeard's war ended but also 3 months since Portgas D. Ace, his brother, was declared dead.

Nothing was more heartbreaking for Luffy than this moments that he had already lived through twice now. Not only he had lost both of his brothers but he also lost the courage and the sanity to keep going. Fortunately, he still had his friends, his nakamas to assure him that he still not alone in this world and that time will slowly heal the wounds even though they will leave a big scar on his heart.

The entire situation only made him realize what he should've realized long ago and that was to acknowledge the fact that he and his crew are not strong enough for the New World just yet and that the One Piece and the title of Pirate King will have to wait. 

Even though during the past months that he had been dedicating them for healing, he still felt weak; weak because his brother, his childhood best friend, was gone too. Not only he had to witness one of his brother's death twice but he watched as his brother died slowly and most probably painfully in his arms, telling him that him up to that moment he wasn't sure if he deserved to be born.

 As if that wasn't enough, his brother confessed that he was going to become a father himself and that he made him promise to protect that cherish his future child. This only gave Luffy more nightmares. He wasn't able to protect himself, how is he going to protect someone from the world itself if he was still not able to defeat his own thoughts? He still did not accepted the fact that his brother was gone. 

Continuing to train during the day but cry and grieve during the night, Luffy only considered himself a coward. He couldn't go to sleep during the first month of recovering since once he would close his eyes, he would only see how his brother would take his last breath. He still had moments where he would see his hands covered in his brother's blood.

But he just continued to put on a smile, faking the fact that he was happy, faking those laughs. The only thing that he had left were his nakamas and he won't let any of them die.

——————————————————

Walking pretty fast past the crowd of people, you made sure you weren't spotted by anyone familiar or suspicious looking people. You've learned your lesson. If they looked familiar, you most probably knew them.

Deciding to stay in the line to buy some more food, you overhead some people getting worked up over something big that happened recently.  "Can you believe it?" The woman asked as she read the newspaper. "Yeah. Can't believe they did that..." You furrowed you brows as you eavesdropped on their conversation. What were they talking about?

Stepping a little closer to the person in front of you, you noticed that almost everyone had a newspaper in their hands. You looked over the shoulder of the man in front of you and the title of the article ignited a strong feelings inside your heart.

Whitebeard vs Blackbeard. The battle continues.

Raising your eyebrows at the title, you couldn't read further since the man in front of you gave you a weird look. But, seeing how interested you were in the article, the man handed you the newspaper. You thanked him and started to read the entire article.

The gravity of the situation was pretty bad. This obviously affects a lot of islands that are under the protection of Whitebeard's crew. A war between the Whitebeard's crew and Blackbeard started about three weeks ago but it seems that Whitebeards lost.

No wonder people were so worked up about this. This were huge news for the New World. As you handed the man the newspaper back, you noticed that people started to look in your direction as they were whispering about something.

Immediately after you bought some food, you started to walk fast towards the dock. No need to have unnecessary attention right now. Who knows what will happen if you do so.

"I heard she was dead though?" You heard someone whispering. "Maybe they just look alike." You gulped and walked with a faster pace, almost running.

"I wonder if that Fire Fist is really dead..." As you heard that, you stopped your tracks and looked in the direction of the man that said that. He was staring right at you, with a huge smirk on his face. You immediately realized your mistake. You shouldn't have turned around. But the name seemed so familiar.

You recognized this man however. He was a bounty hunter. He got famous a month ago when he captured an entire crew of pirates. However, none of those pirated had the bounty you had on your head at the moment.

He walked in your direction. You gasped and started to walk once again, fast as possible, towards your boat. If you were to be captured, it was not now. Not when you're pregnant.

But who is this Fire Fist and why did you remembered that name? The name seemed to be pulled right out of one of your vivid dreams. It was obvious that you knew this man and that the bounty hunter knew it all too well.

The man grabbed your hand and stopped you from walking any further. He had a huge smirk on his face as if he finally won his grand prize, in which, in this case, you the prize. Reluctantly, you shoved his hand away and frowned.

"Oh come on, don't be so stubborn. Both of us know who you truly are. You do not just look like (Name), you are (Name)." The man said as he circled around you. "Do you know how many people want you? How many nobles would love to have you as their slaves? It doesn't really matter who I sell you to, cause in the end, every single one of them would pay me an incredible amount of money." The man chuckled.

You furrowed your brows and tried to hide your belly. "It's sad to see in what this world in transforming into." The man laughed at you. "Oh come on sweetheart, I'm only doing my job." You snorted. Sure. 'His job'

"I don't recall you being a bounty hunter when you sold off your crew to the World Government." You snapped at him. He chuckled and raised his hands in the air. "Alright, you got me. That's right, maybe I wasn't the holy angel but that doesn't mean I am Satan either."

"You're right. Satan doesn't go that low for people like you." You replied with a smirk.

——————————————————

Boom. I wanted to post a chapter before I die of a heart-attack after I will watch the finale of season 6A from Teen Wolf.

MY BABY STILES IS COMING BACK AND STYDIA IS HAPPENING. I'M NOT OKAY.