Chapter 16 - Find My Way Back

I extremely recommend you listen the song I attached to this chapter Eric Arjes -Find My Way Back as you read.

One step closer
Closer to the light

The moment Dadan heard the news, she literally ran all the way to the bar just to meet the little one. When she finally arrived, she bursted into the room, surprising both you and Makino.

"So?" Dadan breathed heavily. You giggled at her and then gave her a warm smile. You gestured to her to get closer. She almost let out a sequel when she saw the adorable little baby sleeping in your arms. "Boy?" She asked. You stroked the baby's forehead and nod. "Yeah. I named him Kou."

"He looks exactly like Ace when he was a baby." Dadan said as she studied Kou's face. "I thought so." You smiled. "Do you want to hold him?" You asked. Dadan was a little surprised at your suggestion but nod. She was nervous. She forgot how to handle a newborn.

No matter where we're going
I'll be by your side

Makino giggled at her reaction and told her to sit down on the chair next to your bed. You handed Kou to Dadan, who now was trying so hard not to over think how to hold a baby. But it turned out it was simpler than she remembered.

"Oh? He's waking up." Makino said as she watched how the baby shifted a little in Dadan's arms. You laughed at how much Dadan was freaking out over the situation. But slowly your laughter died. As you looked out the window, many thoughts crossed your mind.

What will you do now? Kou is here and it won't be long until the Marines will be here as well.

And everything we used to know
Crashed into the great unknown

A sudden cry made you snap out of your thoughts and look towards Kou. Dadan gently placed Kou back in your arms. "It's feeding time anyways." Makino said as she watched as how you tried your best to shush Kou. Not long after that, both of them left the room, leaving you alone with Kou.

As you fed Kou, you started to talk to him in a soft, gentle voice. You began to tell him stories of his father, and how amazing he was. "He would've spoiled you rotten." You smiled as you began to imagine a life in which Ace was here with you, a life in which he never left and he was healthy and happy.

You frowned as you thought about the future. "But don't worry. I'm here. I'll make sure you're going to have a great life." You whispered before you placed a small kiss on top of Kou's forehead.

"I'll make that possible no matter what."

One step closer
We're gonna be alright

------------------

On my way now,

Don't give up on me

He opened his eyes. He wasn't sure where he was or what how long he had slept. All he knew was that his chest hurt like hell. For the first time, he opened his eyes ever since he was here.

His condition was grave but miracles exist and he was lucky to be one of those miracles. Months he wasn't able to speak or open his eyes. He felt paralyzed the more he woke up. No one knew it, but he could hear everything they were saying. For months, he was falling in and out of coma. Many had lost hope that he will recover but some never lost faith in his will.

No one knows what
What tomorrow brings

When he tried to stand up, he realized it was a very bad idea the moment he felt the most agonizing pain he felt in years. What happened? The last thing he could remember was that he was at the war. He was fighting Akainu and then... Luffy!

Is Luffy safe? What happened? (Name)... How long has he been sleeping for? He could feel himself tearing up. The pain that he had in both his heart and body was crushing him completely.

These weary eyes will never rest
Until they look in yours again

It didn't took long until someone came by. He looked towards the person who was walking towards his bed and felt a little relieved. Marco walked into the room with the same gloomy expression he had on, ever since the war.

I'm on my way now
I still believe

"Marco?" He asked in the loudest voice he could make. It was still quiet but Marco heard it. Marco's eyes widened and he dropped the tray with food on the ground. He lifted his head and looked with a both shocked and happy expression towards him.

"Ace?!"

I'll find my way back to you...

------------------

.·'¯'(>▂<)'¯'·. ACEEEEEEEEE

*coughs* you're welcome <3

I hope I hit you with my feels train. I just realized how bad that sounds but believe me, I mean well!