Chapter 21 - New Mission

Okay, I'm pretty confused. I was planning on finishing the story at 25 chapters and we are now at 21 and we aren't even half way finished?? I'm gonna start to cry cause I don't want to reach 50 chapters again lmao.

——————————————————

It's been two exact years since Ace died. Today it marked that very day when the Whitebeard Pirates had a great lost. Everybody got used to the idea of the oh so powerful Whitebeard being no longer among them, and yet, two years later, his absence may or may not affect others way of living.

His death terrified the people who were his protection, under his flag. Many had left the their homelands just because of that very reason. Since Whitebeard's flag was gone, they knew exactly what was going to happen to their islands, so they left. They had much precious things to protect than a land.

But, two years later, everybody started to forget the person Whitebeard was. Many had forgotten what the war was all about, like it never happened. They carried on with their lives and everything was fine. Everybody forgot about Portgas- no, Gol D. Ace by now, only legends and stories remained.

You stood on a rock at the shore of Baltigo, watching the ocean with Kou, who was sleeping in your arms. He was now 1 and half year old. He looked so much like Ace that once you accidentally called him Ace.

Now, you might be wondering, what the hell are you doing in Baltigo of all places. Well, Sabo suggested you should stay with the Revolutionary army for the time being and you agreed, since you had nowhere to go. You did not join the Revolutionaries, however, you bonded with them just like a family.

You and Koala clicked right away and the minute you saw her and Sabo together, you just couldn't help but ship them. They were just so cute together. She, along with Sabo became your best friends here. You would feel rather lonely whenever they would go on missions.

But today, Dragon had decided it was finally time to act against the suspicious arms trade that was promoting the wars. Rumors have circled around Dressrosa, so without any hesitation, Sabo, Koala and Hack had been given the mission to go and investigate​ the rumor and if it were to be true, to put an end to the trade.

You've heard all about it from Hack, no long after he got the mission. Something inside you told you to go and help them with this mission, but you being the mother of this clingy one year old, made you hesitate. Could you just leave him here? He would be safe here...

Just as you were thinking about the choices you had, Sabo appeared out of no where and startled you. He saluted you and sat down next to you. "You heard about the mission?" He asked. You replied with a nod. "When are you guys going?" You asked. "In a few hours. We're just getting our supplies ready."

You stood there in silence for a few minutes. What are you going to do? "I've heard a few rumors about Luffy this morning." Sabo said out of nowhere. Your attention went back to him. "Something about him making an alliance with that Trafalgar Law."

Your brows furrowed. Law? Wasn't it the same guy who saved his life back at the war? "Formed an alliance? But that could only mean..." Sabo stretched his arms. "Yeah... He probably wants to take down a Yonko soon." This troubled you. Taking down a Yonko so soon? He just entered the New World. Why is he in such a hurry? "The last time we heard about him was something in Punk Hazard. Isn't that close to Dressrosa?"

"Yeah, but I don't think he's going after Doflamingo's head. Pretty low chances to meet him there." Sabo said as he stood up. As he began to walk back towards the base, you stopped him. "Wait! I'm coming with you guys." You said as you ran towards him, gently not to wake Kou up.

Sabo turned around with a confused look on his face. "What?" He asked.  "I'm coming with you." You repeated. "No, you aren't. (Name), this mission is really important, even if Luffy is there, we won't have time to search for him. Knowing him, he would probably get in trouble right away. We have to stay hidden as possible." He explained.

"I don't care Sabo. I'm going. This could be my only chance to see Luffy again. He was the one who heard Ace's last wishes. I need to know them." You said as you walked towards the base. "What about Kou? (Name), Kou can't come if you do." You turned around to Sabo. "I know. That's why, he'll stay here. No one found the base in years. I highly doubt someone will find it when we are gone." You replied.

"And plus, I'm no Revolutionary. I don't have to stay hidden." You started to walk towards the base with a determined look on your face. Sabo was left stunned, in the same place. He sighed and shook his head. You were too stubborn for your own good.

"Alright then..." He said under his breath. "We're leaving in an hour by the way!" He yelled after you.

——————————————————

Short but ok?

This is just a introduction to Dressrosa!!!! Can't wait to write the part where Reader-chan sees Ace again! I'm so excited. But we still have a few more chapters before we reach that.

I'm currently staying home for two days; doctor's orders. Last week I had a very high fever and after that I got this really bad respiratory virus and have to stay home if I want to talk like a normal person again. I have these really bad voice cracks which makes me laugh everytime I say something.

Also, I discovered my love for Harry Potter. Like, I'm currently at the second book, I already watched the movie cause I'm a lazy bitch but I'm still determined to read the book. My friend forbid me to see the third movie until I read the book. So now I'm stuck at the second book.

I just... I just love Draco Malfoy.

ALSO I GOT SORTED INTO SLYTHERIN BY POTTERMORE. I'M SO CONFLICTED LMAO. I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD BE HAPPY OR DEPRESSED.