chapter four!

they yawn audibly, their eyes fluttering closed.

the school day was about to end, with only two minutes before the final bell to exit the building.

literature was boring- as usual- the teacher had spent a whole four lessons talking about something.
something...
what was that something?
they didn't even know if they wanted to know themselves.

it was still raining out, cold water falling from the sky, breaks of thunder and lighting every few moments, but they'd grown used to it by now.

well, luckily it was friday. fridays are always one of the better days.

anyway, during that lesson tyler had completed their very exposing pencil drawing of josh dun shirtless, he'd never drawn one this detailed before. the drawing ended just below his v-line, of at least what tyler imagined it to look like.

josh was literally a boy in their class they'd never even spoken to.

weird?

tyler shrugs it off. it wasn't like he was ever going to ask to see their drawings or even care. josh was too anxious, at first, and secondly: josh had better things to be doing, right?

josh didn't actually care about tyler, that stupid kid in the corner with no friends.

distracting tyler from their thoughts, they jump a little as the sudden screeching of the school bells, the realisation that people were now up and tylers drawings were in total view, so they cover them with their hand waiting for the crowd to die down and the majority rush out of the classroom, tyler just not risking anything.

josh also seemed to stay behind after every single lesson, that's why he always turned up two or three minutes late for the following classes.
never, though, did the teachers mention or note any complaint towards joshua, tyler therefore concluding that crowded areas triggered his anxiety and teachers were aware of that.

tyler felt their heart sink. they didn't like not knowing anything about joshua. but that was life, and they told themselves they just had to deal with it.

folding the black cardboard cover over book's pages, trying to keep damage to the minimum, they place their book into their bag gently.

"hey! tyler!"
a yell cries from the back of the class. tyler feels like they froze. fear crowded them.

no no no no.

"what's in there? what you drawing?" the intimidating boy asks with a hint of aggression in his voice. his hair was freshly straightened, with his adidas jumper on, black ripped jeans and adidas sneakers.

basic.

dallon. the most popular kid in tyler's school, that just happened to be in their class for this lesson.

he was just about everyone's greatest disturbance. he was annoying, cold-hearted, loud... but wow, he looked amazing, tyler hated it.

"n-nothing," tyler begins to shake and tremble uncontrollably, why did that boy need to be so threatening? or were they overrating?

throwing their bag over their back, they jump out of their seat and sprint out of the school building only greeted by a terrible rainstorm.

so they don't stop running.