Chapter 33

You heard faint sobs from Dani's cell. You ran over to her cell, trying to find any cuts or bruises on her body. Her very short purple hair draped over her eyes, but you imagined they were full of tears.

"Dani?" You softly spoke.

"What do you want?" She growled.

"Did he hurt you?" You asked, fully expecting that Bowser wouldn't do such a thing.

"Since when do you care?" She frowned.

"I just want to know if you're okay."

"He's going to kill me! I only have a week to live and I'm living it in this hell hole!" She screamed, banging her fists on the moss-covered walls.

"He's not-"

"Just shut up you little bitch! Get away from me!" She hissed.

"What if I let you call one person." You offered.

"Please! I'm begging you!" She wailed while coughing.

You handed her your cell phone. She dialled a number you couldn't identify and held it up to her ear.

"You have to help me it's an emergency-" Dani quickly paused, probably being interrupted by the person on the other line.

"Yes. It's me." She sighed.

"I'm in Darkland. You know where that castle is, right?" She asked.

"You only have a week to come, he's going to kill me." She whimpered.

"I don't know." She sighed.

"Yeah." She slowly replied.

"I miss you too." She smiled.

"Yeah..." She mumbled.

"I love you." She grinned.

"Goodbye." Dani said, still smiling, her face was a bit pink.

She deleted her call history and handed the phone back.

"You kiss me, but you are in love with someone else?" You ask.

She smirked, laughing a bit, but quickly returned to her solemn, upset state of mind.

"I'm so sorry this is how it is, I truly do wish I could do something about this." You smiled, shutting your phone off.

"Can't you try to get me out?" She begged.

"I don't know where the keys are." You literally did have no idea where they were, but you would have lied either way.

"They're over there." Dani pointed to a large selection of keys in the back corner.

"This isn't a good time to be setting you free. Goodbye, Dani." You frowned.

"But you need to! I don't want anyone to get hurt!" She cried.

"Neither do I." You truthfully admitted.

"Just let me go, even if it's just for a minute! I need to get out!" She pleaded.

"I could, but I can't Dani. I'm sorry." You sighed, leaving the dungeon, trying to ignore her cries for help.

"Please! Just help me! I'll do anything!" She begged.

You cut off her seemingly endless hours of crying when you shut the door. You spun around to find Bowser, impatiently tapping his foot on the hard marble ground.

"You're going to kill her?" You shivered.

"Of course I'm not. I'm just going to figure out an appropriate way to punish her for her crimes." He sighed.

"How could you! She doesn't even love me! She has another relationship with someone else."

"And how exactly do you know this?" He asked.

"I have my ways. Can't we let her outside before you kill her?" You begged.

"Ugh. Fine. But I'm locking the dungeon after, and that means you won't be able to get in." He muttered.

You hugged Bowser, thanking him.

"Lets just get this over with." He murmured, opening the door to the dungeon.

You followed him down the steps, and Bowser grabbed a key off the rack. He approached Dani's cell and unlocked it.

"Don't hurt me! Get away!" She cried.

"Shut up." He muttered, throwing the princess over his shoulder, tightly gripping her ankles.

"Unhand me this instant!" She protested, slamming her fists on his back.

You watched them fight and argue in horror, all the way up the steps. When the door was opened, she shrieked as her pupils adjusted to the intense brightness.

"Y/N..." She mumbled.

She stared at you in shock, as if she had just seen a ghost. She rubbed her eyes and squinted at you.

"Your Peach's daughter, aren't you." She smiled.

"Yeah, but I don't really know her." You frowned.

"But why would she let you marry Bowser? Don't you two hate each other?" She asked.

"True, but we've known each other for a long time. We didn't really hate each other until a few years before Y/N was born." Bowser shamefully drooped his head.

"...Enough about my personal life. Just get outside and get this over with."

• • •

Not much had truly happened outside. Dani was just glad to be free at last. She had told you that her rescue would be here any day now, But you had to admit that not some ordinary hero could beat Bowser that easily.

Or could they...