Chapter 14

You woke up in a dark room, unaware of where you were. You scratched your head, looking around in confusion. You faintly remembered being attacked by Haru, but that was it. You felt around to try and find something that might give you an idea of which room you were in, and you eventually found a latch that opened a window. You looked out of it and saw the pink castle. You frowned and shut the window. You cried, leaning against the cold wall to support your weak body. You fell to the ground, tears dripping down your face. You wiped them away with the sleeve of your shirt. You closed your eyes and shielded your face when a bright light was pointed directly into your eyes.

"Ah... Hello there, Y/N." Haru chuckled.

"I hate you!" You growled, trying to punch Haru, but he chained your wrists to the wall.

"Only if that evil monster knew where you were." Haru laughed.

"You're the evil monster." You snapped.

"Why do you even love him? I could probably find several princes in the area who are all dying to marry you, but as I can tell... There's two of you." He frowned, looking at your stomach.

"Imagine how ugly it would be. You'll just have to leave it with him when you get divorced. There's a reason why all his wives left him." Haru snickered, roughly slapping you in the face, leaving a red mark of where he had hit you.

"You're one great father..." You sarcastically muttered, placing your hand on your face where Haru had slapped you.

"Yes, yes I am." Haru smiled.

You frowned at him and closed your eyes, trying to wake up from this horrible nightmare. But all you could do is cry, waiting for Bowser to get home. More and more tears dripped. You imagined Bowser, looking everywhere for you and Haru, and suddenly realizing what had happened. You felt your legs, wondering you you still had a sword. You felt the dagger and pulled it out. You tried to cut the chains, and it actually managed to slice right through. You cut the other chains and cut the wrist cuffs and leg cuffs. You spent a few minutes trying to find the window you had once found. You opened the window and the light beamed into the room, lighting everything up. You found a rope in the corner and tied to to one of the hooks on the wall. You pulled on it with all your might, but the knot only grew tighter. You threw the rope out the window and began to slowly climb down the rope. You tried your best not to look down and slid down the rope. You eventually touched the ground and say down to catch your breath. You spotted Haru speaking with a few toads and you began to run through a thick forest. You ran as fast as you could for several minutes. No matter how fast you ran, Darkland seemed miles and miles away. You forced yourself to continue running, in case you were being chased. You managed to find the mushroom kingdoms half of the war zone. You slid your way through and ran to the castle. Two koopa soldiers  stood at the tall door.

"I'm sorry, but we can't left you in." One said, shooing you away.

"I'm your queen! Now left me in!" You yelled.

"Sir, we have a situation." One whispered into it's walkie talkie.

You tried to understand Bowser's muffled voice, but you couldn't understand one word. In a couple seconds, Bowser ran through the door.

"Sorry I took so long I was busy - Y/N! I thought Haru had done something to you! Where have you been?" Bowser tightly hugged you, lifting you into the air.

You explained the entire story about Haru beating you and how you had escaped.

"Are you okay?" Bowser asked, looking at the red mark on your face.

"No." You frowned, shaking your head.

You laid in his arms, weak and tired. Whatever Haru had used to knock you out was still working somehow.

"What all happened?" You asked.

"Everything. The war is close to an end, because we're winning." Bowser proudly explained.

"How is it already over? It's literally been one day!"

"Y/N... You've been there for a month. And that goes to show." Bowser pointed at more bruises and pointed out a huge bruise around your eye.

"What happened, though? Who died, who got hurt, what all happened?" You asked.

"Peach was rescued and nobody really died, but they managed to scare the koopalings. They're too scared to go outside or do anything. All they do is sit is their rooms and cry." He sighed.

"Well duh, there's a freaking war outside-" You stopped speaking looking at Bowser's injuries.

"Just don't look at me... I don't want to scare you."

"What happened?"

"Pain happened. I just want to end this war and get those stupid plumbers outta here. They're supposed to be the good guys and they're just as bad as I am!"

"Don't say that! You aren't evil!" You assured.

Bowser looked at you in disbelief, frowning.

"Y/N, I am the bad guy. I can't do anything right, and after every horrible thing I've done, it serves me right." He sighed.

"You're being overdramatic, Bowser."

"I am just a villain, I overwork my minions and servants, neglect my own kids, and I've almost wiped out the entire human race. The only person I seem to care for is you, but I still screw that up too." Bowser frowned.

"Stop lying to yourself." You pouted, leaning in and kissing his snout.

___________________________

Hey guys! My neck has been snapped out of place or something like that, and might be a little inactive. I'm pretty sure that I'll be better tomorrow or the next day. I'm also trying to think of some name ideas for the baby, comment name suggestions or what gender you really want. I might go with the one I had chosen, but I really want to see your ideas.