Chapter 29

You woke up next to Bowser, stretching your arms and yawning. You shook his shoulder, trying to wake him up.

"...No." He mumbled.

"Wake up." You command.

"Make me." He smirked.

You rolled your eyes, trying to push him with all of your might, but he wouldn't budge. Bowser laughed, pulling you into a tight hug. You smiled, but the perfect moment had been ruined as you heard a loud cry coming from Claire's crib.

"I'll get it, I'll get it." Bowser sighed, rushing to the crib and lifting Claire up.

Bowser gently rocked Claire in his arms as you got out of bed.

"There's just one thing I don't understand," Bowser explained, "Claire is a quarter human, quarter demon and half koopa, yet she looks like a normal human."

You had almost forgotten about you being half demon. Haru had literally just passed away hours ago, and Peach was about to rebuild her kingdom.

"I had almost forgot about Haru." You sighed.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't be bringing these kind of things up." Bowser apologized.

"It's okay, it's not like I ever cared about him." You frowned.

It wasn't even a lie. You truly never felt as if that cruel demon was your father. He was probably the least fatherly figure in your life.

"You okay?" Bowser asked.

"Yeah, it's just I don't even know what to think of Haru and Peach." You said, biting my lip.

"They're not your parents and you shouldn't force yourself to have a relationship with either of them." Bowser frowned.

You nodded, pulling the blanket over your head. You just didn't feel like waking up anymore, you just felt tired and exhausted. Bowser dragged you out of the bed, carrying you out of the room.

"No... I want to sleep..." You mumbled, groggily frowning to yourself.

"You've slept in for too long, we should do something fun today." Bowser suggested, his cheerful voice soothing your ears.

Bowser was definitely a morning person and was awake before everyone almost every single day. He effortlessly carried you, stopping at the large dining table near the main entrance of the castle.

"What do you want for breakfast?" He asked as he sat you down in the smallest chair, kneeling so you were both at eye-level.

"To go back to bed..." You groaned, your eyelids feeling extremely heavy.

"Not that." He smirked, kissing your forehead.

You shook your head, looking at Biwser's hands.

"Fine, I'll surprise you." Bowser smiled, messing up your already messy hair.

Bowser left you alone for a few seconds and came back soon, sitting at the largest chair that was beside yours. He grabbed your hands, grasping them gently in his palm.

"I love you." He goofily grinned, his face reddening a bit.

"...Love you too." You yawned.

"Wake up, Y/N." He laughed.

"You can't really blame me for being tired, a lot of things happened last week." You pointed out.

"But that was a week ago." Bowser reminded you.

"But it was crazy. Haru died, Peach got in a fight with Mario and Luigi and she almost committed suicide." You sighed.

"Yeah..."

"We should go check on her, you know, just to make sure she's okay." You suggested.

"We can't go do that! I'm supposed to be the villain! I can't just befriend my victims like this! This isn't like me!" He frowned.

"Who said you were still into kidnapping? I bet you'd screw up something and get into a lot of trouble." You chuckled.

"Who said I couldn't? I'd certainly do much better than you." He smirked.

"I would never... Why haven't you realized that this is such a cruel thing." You softly groaned.

"That's it! I can still be a villain! Wait here, don't go outside and stay out of the locked rooms upstairs- Bye!" Bowser got up and ran away before you could speak.

You rolled your eyes, going back upstairs to get Claire for breakfast. When you came back, all the koopalings were eating.

"Where's king dad?" Larry asked.

"I'd tell you all, but I don't know." You sighed.

"Ha! I bet he's leaving you!" Roy burst into laughter.

"You have such cruel senses of humour.." You mumbled.

"No, but seriously, what if he's leaving us." Lemmy sighed.

"He would never, would he?" Iggy asked.

"He can't just leave, I'd have to take care of all of you on my own." You frowned.

"Well, why is he, like, leaving for no reason?" Wendy asked.

"He said something about still being a villain, whatever that's implying." You murmured.

"I hope king dad will be back soon." Junior added.

___________________________

Hello! It's been a LONG time since I've updated this book. I feel like I ended it too soon and I'm going to continue to write. I don't know how long it will take me to update, because my new teacher gives out lots of homework and I'm don't shitty in science and social studies (Canada's way of saying History class), and I need to be putting in more efforts. Sorry if there's a huge personality change, my writing style has changed a lot. I re read this book so I remember what's going on, so don't worry about it. Sorry it was kinda short, but I had fun writing it.