Chapter 22

"It's a girl." The nurse smiled, handing you the baby, wrapped in a violet plush blanket.

You pulled the small opening opened to reveal her small, perfect face. You pulled it over to reveal her short hair.

"She's full human..." Bowser smiled.

Her eyes were fully closed, dozing off.

"Can I hold her?" Bowser asked.

"Just a moment." You smiled, kissing her forehead, stoking her head.

"You got to hold her for nine months, it's my turn." He laughed.

You handed her to Bowser, who held her close to her face.

"She has my red hair." He grinned.

"Did you want to name her?" You asked.

"Naw, I'm terrible at naming things." He declined.

"Any ideas?" You asked.

"Maybe one or two, but you should be the one to name her." He said.

"C'mon, it doesn't hurt to tell me." You smiled.

"It does. Now take her away, I feel scared that I'll hurt her." Bowser sighed, handing her to you.

"Fine, I'll name her. I really wanted to name her Claire." You suggested.

"Claire... That's a beautiful name." Bowser smiled, looking down at his daughter.

I looked down at Claire, who had fallen asleep in your arms. It was relaxing to see that she had finally stopped crying and had been cleaned by one of the nurses.

"Let's go back, we need to go-" You were cut off my Bowser.

"No, you have to stay here, you were literally screaming in pain two hours ago." Bowser reminded.

"But I'm fine now." You insisted.

"Doctor's orders." Bowser frowned.

"Fine." You muttered.

"I have to go, Claire needs a room, you know." Bowser left the room and you heard him exit the infirmary.

You stroked Claire's head, and placed the purple cap back on her head. Claire reached for your hand and grabbed onto your pinky finger, holding it close to her. You smiled and closed your eyes, holding Claire close to you.

• • •

"Wake up." Bowser murmured.

"Five more minutes..." You groaned.

"You've slept almost the entire time you were here." Bowser chucked.

"What else do you expect me to do?" You pointed out.

"I dunno, are you bored?" He asked.

"Kinda." You yawned.

"Do you need anything?" Bowser asked.

"I don't know... A book would be nice."

Bowser walked away, returning in a couple seconds with a book you had been reading recently.