5. Noctis loses his home. Prt 2

Previously on Nothing But An Order:

"No! Damnit no!!" Noctis gripped the newspaper and stared at the black and white photo of Insomnia falling apart and being taken over by Nifelheim. Gladio stood behind me gently holding my shoulders, Ignis was trying to get Noctis to listen to him while Prompto was sulking on the couch. "We should head there immediately. We must make sure the King is safe." Ignis said and gets the keys to the Regalia. We all head out and drive to Insomnia. The radio was playing and an announcement and silence fell in the car.

"Insomnia had fallen and it is tragic to say this, but King Regis, Prince Noctis and Lady Lunafreya are all dead. Their bodies have not been found but we are all devastated by this horrible news. Lady Isabelle has still not been found dead or alive and her current whereabouts are still unknown."

Dead? The King can't be dead. And Luna. She must be alive and on her way to Altissia.

We arrive at the Insomnia gate but it was blocked by Nifelheim guards amd airships. "We'll have to take a detour." Ignis drives off road and stops near an old mine. "We can walk from here. Lady Isabelle stay in the car." Ignis orders and I shake my head. "I will not." I get out of the Regalia and summoned my silver spear. "King Regis is important to me and I will not stand to see Insomnia fall."
________________

"Ignis!" Noctis yells and Ignis starts throwing daggers at the battery soldiers. Noctis then warps to each one Ignis targeted and slices them in half with his two-handed sword. Gladio stayed at the back close to me. I hit my spear into one of the soldier's. There were a lot of them but we could handle them. "Isabelle! Watch out!" I turn around to see Ignis running towards me. He grabs my waist and held me close to his chest. This sudden action made my cheeks fluster. I heard metal hit metal and looked up at Ignis blocking a battery soldier's sword from hitting me. Prompto shoots its head and it drops to the ground. "Are you okay?" I nod at Ignis and pull away.

"Let's keep going." Gladio comes next to me and gently takes my shoulder and walked beside me. "Up ahead!" I look up and my stomach turned. You could see Insomnia being attacked by ships, Nifelheim ships. I quickly turn to look at Noctis and he was on the phone. "Damnit Cor answer me! Is my Father okay?" Silence. Tears suddenly stream down his face and he nods. "Okay. Thank you. We'll meet you there." He hangs up and I walk to him. "Noctis... I'm sorry." He hugs me and we both fall to the ground. He cries onto my chest and I held him close as a few tears fell.

Rest in peace King Regis. Thank you for everything. Thank you for being a father figure. You raised Noctis well. I'll watch over him. Farewell.

~*~

It was nothing but quiet in the car. Noctis had cried himself asleep next to me and was currently resting his head on my shoulder. Gladio was trying hard to read his book but I could see he wasn't focusing. Prompto was staring down at his camera in his hands and Ignis was clenching tightly onto the steering wheel. "We should find a place to camp for the night. It's not safe to drive at night time, daemons will attack us if we're not careful." Ignis says breaking the silence. No one responds probably.

It was hard for them all. I know this feeling. Losing everything and everyone you cared for. Feeling pathetic and useless. Knowing you could've done something but it was too late. Those feelings have been bothering for the last few months now. Losing a Kingdom. It hurts. Noctis was now next in line to be King. But... I don't think he's ready for it. He's still so young and unprepared. Taking responsibility so quickly, rushing into things like this, its hard. And Lady Luna. I hope she's alive. She must still be alive.

We arrived at the camp site and on time. It was getting dark. After setting up camp and helping Ignis with dinner, we all sat around the fire in silence. I stare at the flames and cuddle with the blanket Gladio threw over my shoulders. Letting out a sigh, I look up at the four in front of me. "We can't sit and sulk all day about this. It's going to get us nowhere." They all look at me, surprised by my choice of words. "I understand your pain but right now, we need to stay strong and fight. We need to stop Nifelheim and reclaim Insomnia and Fiarinnia." My teal eyes glimmered with confidence. Gladio clenches his fists and nods. "She's right. We need to get stronger and kick some Nifelheim ass."

"Agreed." Ignis pushes up his glasses and nods.

"Heck yeah!" Prompto raises his fists and grins.

We all then look at the prince. He sighs and gives a weak smile. "Yeah, whatever." We all cheer.

All they needed was someone to say the right words and restore their will to fight.

We will reclaim our thrones.

~*~

Everyone else was alseep except for me. I couldn't sleep. Getting out of my tent I walk to the small cliff and sit down, holding the blanket around e to keep warm. I look up at the stars and take in their beauty. "Back in the city, you can barely even see this many stars." I turn my head to see Ignis walking to me. I smile and nod in agreement. "Its true. Why are you up? You should be sleeping." He sits down next to me and crosses his legs. "I should be asking you to same thing, Lady Isabelle." I giggle and sigh. I turn my head back to the stars and smile. "Its strange."

"What is Milady?" Ignis turns to look at me and I look back at him. "How I've come to like a stuck up person like you." My cheeks redden a little and I shake my head in embarrassment. "I-I mean, you we're always so blunt and straightforward but now you're nothing but kind. Y-Yeah.. That's what I meant to say." I could hear him chuckle softly and I felt his hand pet my head. My cheeks we're burning now and I looked at the ground shyly. "I like you too, Princess. You are different from the other's. To have someone who's smart and thinks before acting, its quite refreshing."

Gee, thanks Ignis.

I laugh softly and take his hand in mine. I stare into his light green orbs and found myself lost in them. He breaks the eye contact and removes his glasses. He rubs his temples and sighs. "You two can come out now, I saw you." I look at Ignis confused to what he just said before hearing rustling in the bushes and see a ravenette and blonde stepping out. "Noctis? Prompto?" My cheeks redden and I pull my hand away from Ignis's. "Sorry, we we're looking around and we spotted you guys. So we decided on spyi--" Noctis quickly hits the blonde's stomach before he could finish his sentence. "Ow!!" I laugh at the two and look at the now irritated Ignis. "Both of you ofd to bed, now!"

"Aww! C'mon!" Prompto complains but Ignis glares at them both and they scurry off to the tents in a matter of seconds. "Well done, your such a parent." He puts his glasses back on and sighs. "Mum's the word." I laugh at his reply and stand up. "We should go back to our tents too." We both walk to the tents and I look up at the sky one last time. A shooting star goes by fastly and my eyes sparkle as I make a small wish. Ignis noticed that I wasn't following so he stops and turns looking at me. "Are you coming, Lady Isabelle?"

"Yeah..."

____________

I am so sorry for not updating. I have been so busy with personal issues that I couldn't find any time to continue. I am truly sorry.

Exams are coming up so I'll be struggling to update any sooner but I will try my best!

- L