4. The Giant's Visits

Previously on Nothing But An Order:

Two warm arms wrap around my torso and pulls me closer to their chest. He gently rubbed my back and rested his chin on my head. "Isabelle, I was ordered to protect you. That means to protect you from yourself as well. I don't care of it means that I will get harmed in the process of doing so. My job is to protect you, keep you safe and healthy. And I won't quit now."

"Not now, not ever."

The entire day was a quiet day. Ignis would be in the living room, drinking his ebony coffee and reading a book. I sat near the window, sketching him secretly. His words kept replaying in my head.

"My job is to protect you, keep you safe and healthy. And I won't quit now."

"Not now, not ever."

A warm smile played on my lips as I think about it.

He truly is...

Different.

---------------

"Stop, I won't let you kill anymore innocent lives!" My silver spear lifts and I point it towards the dark figure hidden behind the shadows. "Or what?" They lift up a pale and weak Ignis by his collar. "Do you really think a pathetic princess like you will ever stop someone like me?" My grip tightened around my spear and I glance at Ignis. His glasses were off and I could see his green eyes but they lost their color and seemed more grey than green. "I-Isabelle, do not worry about me. Please... run away. I do not wish to see you get hurt. Just run awa-" His voice went silent. His eyes widened and so did mine. Blood splattered onto my face the warmth of it making me sick to my stomach. I fell to my knees and watch him fall to the ground, lifeless.

"Ignis!!"

My body jerks awake and my forehead was resting against something hard and warm. It was moving. "Shhht. It was only a dream Lady Isabelle." Ignis was holding me close to him. Tears streamed down my face and my body started to shake uncontrollably. "I saw all the bodies of my people. Noctis was there... He laid on the ground covered in blood. You were... You were killed..." My words trailed off as more tears fell. It had been two months since Fiarinna had fallen and I've been here with Ignis. He's been looking after me and made sure that I was safe.

I'm thankful for for all he's done for me but I feel lonely. I only see him in the mornings and sometimes late at night. We would silently eat dinner at night but its very awkward. He would bring me lunch but leave straight after.

My hands clenched the shirt he was wearing as I calmed down. He felt tense under my grip and I awkwardly pull away from him. "Thank you Ignis. I appreciate what you do for me." He nods and the bed creaks as he got up and the weight lifted. "I do as I was ordered to, Lady Isabelle." He pushes up his glasses and the light hides those beautiful eyes I can't to seem to get out of my head.

Ouch... That hit hard.

His words sunk in, reminding me that he's only following royal orders and that he's not doing this by himself. I mean everything he's done is probably something that Prince Noctis ordered him to do. Infact, I have this strong feeling that he doesn't consider me as his friend. I sighed and opened my eyes. Ignis had left awhile ago and I could hear him shuffling around in the kitchen. The smell of ebony coffee filled the room and I smile.

At least I can enjoy this until its over.

But then... Why do I want this to last forever?