Chapter 40 Time to Kill

Comincia dall'inizio

An hour and a half later a knock played on the door as we ghosted over in that direction I poked my head through the door to see who was on the other side. “Hello, Your Majesty and King, Welcome, come right in.”

“Shit, don't do that!” The Queen said holding her hand over her heart.

I opened the door after I ghosted back to the far side of the room where Diana was hovering near the window. “Welcome My Queen and King, Sorry about scaring you.” I chuckled. Score one for the Goddess of the Earth.

“Well, I wasn't expecting you to come through the door like that. All is forgiven.” Hum that is my line.

“Yes. Hum... I think you both should get up otherwise it will be difficult for Diana to give you both hugs, don't you think?”

“Um... Yes quit right. The King helped his Queen back up to her feet then they came forward as Diana went to give them both a big hug. I could tell she was so happy to see them both, me not so much, for all the things in the past, but as a Goddess now my feeling seem to be a thing I can't bring forth. I know there are there in the background just...

“Have a seat, and visit a spell it has been so long since your granddaughter has had the chance to partake of your company.”

“And of yourself?”

“Ah yes? Well, I do it for my daughter alone. Me? I am neither here not there.”

“I see.” She had a sour look on her face after that. I went up to the King, and loped my arm into his pulled him away from my daughter and the Queen so we could chat.

“Could I have a few words with you in privet?” I asked.

“Yes of course.” I ghosted him away to a secret place in the castle, quiet and dim.

“The team in Ravenwood is about to go on a dangerous mission deep underground off the coast of Hawaii to find, and destroy the demons that are ravaging the Earth. They may or may not come back from it, this is that dangerous, and it is to be highly confidential. There can be no communications to them or you here at the command. I know the Queen will try to buck it, but this has to be secretive to work considering the nature of the threat. I have personally shrouded the manor in a shield to prevent any vibrational noises from getting to them from within. It was how they found the manor in the first place as well as the castle and the retirement home.”

“This is a lot to deal with I don't know how the Queen will take all of this.” He said.

“You are not going to tell the Queen. That is the point of this little conversation. You will need to deactivate all their locating and communicating devices for this plan to work, otherwise it will give them away. The plan they have devise will fail, and they will all die.”

“I see, yes I understand what you are saying. That will be difficult, but doable. I will get on it. How soon do you need it done?”

“In a week should be fine. They leave in a week and one day. Though they don't know it yet.”

“So, you see into their future do you?”

“Only short distances, and only because we are, were, related. I get glimpses of what is to come. It is quick and short, but I read their minds, and their plans will come to fruitions before the end of the week, and will be ready to go that next day.”

“Well, if that is the case, I will have them down the day before, how will I know they are back?”

“If they get back they will let you know. If not, well, you will know when the demons scavenge the Earth ravaging it like never before. They have the numbers to do so.” I shuddered uncontrolled my glow flickering uneven.