Chapter 26: Hurt.

Johnathan P.O.V.
Chapter 26.

Lilah and I watched from a few feet away, the doctors solemn look gave it way instantly. Lilah inhales sharply as the doctor talks to Nate and Bay. I can see Bailey shaking her head before Nate pulls her into his chest.

I can hear her crying from where I stood and was soon hugging Lilah, trying to calm her down. Bailey's legs give out and the two of them are soon sitting on the floor. Nathan holding Bay's close to him, rocking her slightly as his head drops to the crook of her neck. I pull out my phone and call Elijah as I hold his wife, trying to stay strong as he answers. Trying to ignore to hurt in my heart.

"Hey Johnny, how's Addy?" He asks as I sigh and look back towards my best friend and brother.

"She passed away Eli." I state. The line is silent until he clears his throat.

"We're on our way." He says before the line goes dead. It seems like hours pass before the guys show up. Jasper heads towards the couple hesitantly, pulling his cousin in to his arms as Nathan stands, wiping away tears with the sleeve of his shirt.

"I need to go sign all the release papers." He states hoarsely. Eli shakes his head and grabs his shoulder.

"Stay with Bay, I'll handle everything." He soon leaves heading towards the desk while a young nurse walks our way, clearing her throat lowly.

"If you guys would like, you can see her." She states softly, eyes filled with sorrow as her eyes shot towards Bailey who was still crying. Nathan jaw tenses but he kneels down in front of Bailey. He talks to her lowly, Jasper stepping away before she nods wiping away her tears and standing up.

The nurse walks us down the hallway, until we reach a private room. Adelaide was no longer hooked up to any machines. She was laying on the bed, eyes closed almost as if she was sleeping. Bay stops a few feet from the table, her eyes shooting towards her daughter before she steps back.

"I can't." She chokes out. Nathan looks towards me, almost pleading for my help. I could see him struggle to not break down, but Bailey had always been his weakness. Seeing her break would only cause him to break and knowing him he wouldn't want us to witness that.

I step towards her as Nate steps back before I smile meekly at her.

"It's you only chance Bay." I mutter. She looks scared but soon nods and walks forward. The nurse picks up Addy before slowly placing her in to Bay's hands. I watch her swallow dryly and watch as the tears start to fall down her cheeks. She lets out a slow breath, before running her fingers over the baby's cheek.

"I love you." She whispers softly, voice cracking before she closes her eyes.

"Take her." Bay mutters, we stay still until her voice rises.

"Someone take her please." She states firmly. Nate moves quickly, taking his daughter from Bailey before taking in a deep breath, almost as if he was just understanding what was going on.

He whispers something softly before his eyes shot towards Bailey. He smiles down at his daughter before handing her back to the nurse. Almost instantly Bay was back in his arms.

"We'll be okay." He whispers to her softly. We didn't stay much longer soon heading home in an uncomfortable silence. Bailey heads up to their room almost instantly. Nathan doesn't say anything for a few seconds until he sighs.

"I really thought we were going to bring her home today." He states. He shakes his head before leaving the room and we stay silent until Xavier stands up, an angry look on his face.

"I'll be back." He snaps as I sigh.

"Go with him, make sure he doesn't kill the bastard." Eli states firmly. I nod before hurrying after Xavier, already knowing his destination. 

"He just wouldn't leave her alone." Xavier mutters darkly. I stay silent not fueling his anger until he pulls up in front of the hotel, tossing the car keys towards the valet guy. I quickly follow after  him ignoring the looks people gave us.

Seconds after the door opened Xavier was brushing past Zach in a hurry.

"You." He snaps as he spots Cole before grabbing him by the shirt and slamming him against the door.

"You just couldn't let her be happy." He mutters darkly.

"What's going on?" Eden asks in curiosity, wondering why Xavier had burst through the door and assaulted his friend.

"Did you guys not know he told Bailey the truth, she went in to early labor." Xavier growls lowly as he glares at Cole who sighs dropping his head. Most of the guys in the room look shocked at the words that Xavier has just said.

"My niece passed away today, she just wasn't healthy enough." Xavier snaps, Cole's face pales as Xavier shakes his head and lets go of Cole.

"What did you expect to happen Cole? You expect her to run in to your arms? Take her daughter with her and live a happy life? Did you think Nate would just let her walk away that easily, let you guys take his daughter? Or did you plan on leaving her behind? Tell me Cole where the hell did you see this going?" Xavier shouts.

"I don't know." Cole mutters lowly, shamefully, dropping his head as Xavier chuckles darkly.

"Hopefully now you can stay away." Xavier mutters taking  a step back.

"For her sake, I hope you do." Xavier leaves as I sigh and look Cole's way before bringing my fist back and connecting it with his jaw.

"If I see you one more time, anywhere near her, I will make sure you are ruined Cole. Because we both now I can make sure no one hires you again, and I can easily bring down any one of your friends who tries to intervene. Don't test me Cole, it won't be pretty." I mutter lowly. He stays quiet before his jaw tenses.

"Expect a restraining order Cole." I state as I leave. Xavier smirks from where he stands.

"And I'm the bad one." He mutters as we leave.

______________________________________________________________

Argh don't hate me, I've had this planned since the beginning . I teared up a bit while writing this. And who knew little sweet Johnny could be a badass? Anyways I've started to write Xavier's story, Johnny's will follow though I'm still trying to think of a plot for it.