Chapter 18: Adira.

Bailey's P.O.V
Chapter 18.

"And where the hell were you last night?" A taunting voice asks. I look up from my seat on the couch and swallow dryly as my heart starts to race.

"Answer me Bailey." He snaps as I open my mouth, ready to talk before someone cuts me off.

"Sorry daddy, I wanted to take her out." The voice mused. I let out a breath of relief as Adira bounces down the stairs, blonde hair bouncing as she heads our way.

My dad's eyes narrow as Addy heads my way, placing a hand on my shoulder as she smiles up at him, a smile that got her mostly everything.

"It won't happen again daddy, promise." Ads says with a large smile. The room is silent as our father glares at the two of us before he suddenly moves forward grabbing a hold of her hair and pulling her forward. Adira let's out a scream of surprise as he drags her towards him, her hands flying up to try and release herself from his tight grip.

"Addy!" I yell as I stand, ready to stop my father though before I can his hand moves forward and back hands me. I gasp as I hit the floor roughly and look up as I watch my brother deliver punch after punch to Addy's face.

"Who.The.Hell.Do.You.Think.You.Are.To.Lie.To.Me!" He growls as he sends a punch with each word, blood spews as she gasps after each hit. It was the first time she was ever at his mercy.

"Stop!" I yell as I hear another loud crunch. I grab his fist causing him to spin towards me. He glares before grabbing my shoulders and pushing me back, sending me flying a few feet back. I hit the glass coffee table and it breaks on contact, the glass pieces piercing my skin.

I hit the ground and my vision starts to blur, my body aches and my head pounds heavily, I turn slightly to glance at Adira, trying to see if she's ok. Her face however was bloody and her chest moved only slightly, she was barely holding on.

"Ads." I call out lowly as I watch him deliver another punch, her chest stops moving and I knew she had slipped away. My eyes close as I hear the loud sirens outside.

"Bailey!" Nathan yells before I slip in to the darkness.

"Bailey!" Nathan shouts as I shot up off the bed. Sweat dripped down my forehead as my hands shook, loud sobs raking through my body as Nate rushes to my side.

"Bay, gorgeous look at me." He states as my eyes meet his.

"I- how did... when? He's dead, it was a dream...I..." I trail off as Nate's brows furrow.

"Babe, calm down, just breath." He mutters as tears continue to run down my cheeks.

"It felt so real." I cry as he sighs before pulling me in to his chest. My hands grip his shirt, bunching up his t-shirt as I hug him tightly, my face buried in his chest.

"Why don't you tell me about it alright babe?" He asks as he runs his hands up and down my back. I take a deep breath as he continues to calm me down.

"My dad, I think that's who it was, he just got mad and started hitting her. He just kept at it until she wasn't moving." I mutter. Nate stays quiet before speaking.

"Who?" He asks lowly, voice shaking slightly.

"Her name was Adira." I mumble lowly. Nate freezes up as the door opens.

"It was just a dream alright babe." He mumbles before pulling back and looking me in the eye.

"Just a dream." He whispers before kissing me quickly. He wipes a stray tear away and stands up.

"Get some sleep gorgeous, I'll be back by the time you wake up, I promise." Nate states before kissing my forehead. He leaves the room as I glance towards the nurse who has just walked in.

"Just bringing you you're prenatals and regular meds." She states with a large grin. I smile as she hands me a cup of water and cups with a few pills inside.

I take the pills quickly and down the water before looking back at the nurse.

"That boy really loves you, you know?" She mutters as I smile.

"I know." I mutter as she smiles before backing away out of the room. I lay my head down on the pillow and somehow manage to fall asleep.

I wake up and find Nate sleeping on the chair across the room, keeping his promise as stated before.

His brows are furrowed as he sleeps, looking conflicted even as he slept. Xavier sits next to him, playing some snake game on his phone, looking up only when I shift to get more comfortable.

"Hey beautiful, how are you doing?" He asks as he puts his phone down. I smile as I sit up.

"Better, just a little sleepy." I admit as he raises a brow.

"Then why don't you sleep?" He asks just as my stomach grumbles.

"I'm just a tad bit hungry." I state as he laughs. My cheeks tint red as Xavier stands up.

"I'll go grab you something Bay." He states before leaving.

I sit in silence, my mind replaying the previous images from my previous nightmare. It felt real, so real, but it couldn't be. My dad had died, my parents were both dead. I was an only child, I had no sisters. The whole thing was a dream, but it felt so real.

"Bay?" I look up as Xavier frowns, placing a bag of food in my lap.

"Are you sure you're okay beautiful?" He asks as he takes a seat next to me. I nod before I run my hands over my face and push my hair back away from my face.

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry about me Xav. I'm okay." I state as he sighs. He nods before smiling.

"You should eat, we don't want Addy to starve." He states casually as he begins to eat while I stay silent.

Addy, it was so natural. Too natural.

_______________________

Sorry for the late update guys, I've been busy working and writing my newest story Marrying The Gang Leader, please go check it out it'd mean the world to me. Anyways that's why I fell behind but here it is. Enjoy xD