7

Your Point Of View

The voices continued, now becoming more clear to my understanding. Lots of people came to talk to me, most who I don't know, like doctors and nurses and physiotherapists. A man, some professional I assume, came and talked to me, which I could make out every word, and opened one of my eyes, hoping to get a physical reaction to see how deep my coma is, which he told me I had. Comas are weirder than you think when you're in one. I heard the doctors or nurses talking about my state, which stands at about a ten on the Glasgow Coma Scale. I know that's about a moderate coma, not super bad, but I guess there isn't such thing as a 'good' coma.

"Hey, Y/N." I heard Ponyboy's voice, only his, meaning everyone else left the room. "Dally's okay." He paused, "Just shook up. He freaked out at a doctor, they put him out for a while... I don't know if he's up yet, Darry's checking now." I heard him sigh. "I can't believe you did that. I mean..." I heard him heave, no matter how hard I wanted to open my eyes to see if he was crying, I couldn't. "Please be okay, Y/N. You're like a sister to me, please we already lost Johnny, not two people in one night..." He whimpered. "I have to go now. I'm already over my time limit. I'll come and visit you soon." I felt him squeeze my hands.

See you later. I said, mentally of course. I heard the door open quietly, then close loud. Hey Steve. I wanted to say.

"Y/N, I hope you know you are a little more mentally insane than I thought you were." he laughed sadly. "I hope you wake up soon, you know it wouldn't be the same without you. I mean, Two-Bit would drive himself crazy not having someone to watch Mickey Mouse with him." I heard him sniffle. "I guess it's going to be hard without Johnny too." He whispered. "You'll want to come back and work at the DX again, we got a real nice car to work on. It's a Ford Mustang, real nice. I think you'd like it." He sighed. "Make sure to wake up soon."

The door opened and closed again. This time I recognized Soda's voice.

"Hi, Y/N." He sat for a minute before talking again, "Golly, you should try out for track, you're sure a fast runner." He teased. "You know, you're one of the only things Dally actually cares about. He went crazy when he thought you... died... Wake up soon. We miss you."

"Hey, kid." Two-Bit said after Soda left. "I can't believe you did that. I mean... nevermind. I guess it's just hard for all of us to wrap our heads around this, whole thing... The news is interviewing us in the hallway just now, 'about the shooting. It's gonna be all over T.V. tomorrow. We'll try and come and talk as often as possible, but the nurses barely let us in now. We'll see I guess. Wake up soon." I felt him pat my leg as he left.

I heard a smack on the door as Darry came in and closed it. "Hi, Y/N." he began, "Dally's awake now. He wants to see you. I never knew what you saw in that kid, but boy, you gave us a scare. You still are.... Get up soon, it's not the same without you."

It wouldn't be the same if I wasn't hurt in the first place, because Johnny's already gone. I thought wistfully.

The room was quiet for a moment after Darry exited. I heard Dally enter.