5

Dally's Point Of View

When we got to the hospital I was pulled aside by a familiar cop, whose hauled me to the station more than once. I held in my breath, wiping my face before he saw me, I'm not allowing myself to cry in front of this guy, whose name tag read as, 'Officer Forester.'

"Hello there, Dallas." He said, not bothering to keep his straight record of false upbeat-tones. "I assume you were friends with Y/N?" he said, scribbling in a notebook he fished out from his back pocket. I nodded, not meeting eye contact. "How long have you known her?"

"Four years." I mumbled.

He kept scribbling. "Is it true that you were dating miss Y/L/N? You loved her?"

I nodded again, forcing back my gag reflex to sob.

"I hope you realize this isn't a test, Winston. You can tell me the truth." he said, with no emotion whatsoever.

I lost it. I swore at him, using adjectives I save for Socs. "I am telling the truth!" I screamed. "You think I was planning for her to get shot!? You idiot for thinking I didn't love her!" I felt myself start to shake, my face turning a deeper crimson. The hallway surrounding us suddenly got quiet as I continued swearing.

"Dallas-"

"You shut up!" I yelled, "You shut up! I loved her, and now she's dead! You bastard!" As I was about to run out the door, to escape the madness collapsing on top of me, I felt a needle inserted in my arm, and the floor rushed up to meet me as darkness flooded my thoughts.